Thursday, February 9, 2023

Thursday on Walden's Mountain... February 9

Quiet Time...

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, 
but that which is good to the use of edifying, 
that it may minister grace unto the hearers." 
Ephesians 4:29 KJV
*****
So I was up twice with Momma, and again, the last time 
was a little after 3!!! Not enough time to go back to sleep :-)

Dad was up and I made him a Breakfast Burrito...


Pack Time Bible Study!!


So, the baby lettuce is coming along fine...


This tray will be harvested today...
turns out I had orders for nearly two full trays...
good thing I had them ready!!!
Cleaned me out but it is very exciting.


This tray is in the light and will be ready to harvest in a few days and I have two more in the loop... started a new tray today and I am going to begin starting a new tray every day as long as I keep getting orders for the greens... they ARE delicious and once you taste them you just want more!!!



Still needs another day under weights...


Excellent root system!!


Ended up harvesting the two outer trays today for the orders...


Also made another batch of Herb Bread 
to send with the greens as a sample...
so far it has been a hit as well...
We love it with meals and with the salad!!

Not sure how I will sell it just yet...
need to figure out if it will be mini loaves, 
half pounders or full pound loaves...


Sparkely Day!!!
Berries for the Birds...


Excellent rise!!!


Four loaves this time... 
I think I could easily do five...


Flock and Fluffle Time...


Penny Egg!!!


And a mystery night egg...
the huge white one!!



Now a couple of the other hens know 
that I am putting some over here for Opal...
she just cannot win...




Cleaned the hutches today...
I like to do it every other day...
makes it easier and the bunnies 
certainly appreciate a clean house...
I am sure :-)


So, I am going to freeze dry my eggs...
as soon as my freeze dryer is fixed :-)


So for now I am blending a dozen per tray in my Vita Mix...
Yea, she is an Oldie but Goodie.
This is the old stainless steel commercial one 
from over 20 years ago.
Still works like new!!!


One dozen eggs, four cups...


...into these silicone trays to freeze.
Then I will pop them out onto the freeze dryer trays 
and process them...


Look at that rise!!
I really could make it five nice sized loaves...
these are nearly running over the sides!!


Aren't they so pretty...
I am very excited to be able to freeze my own backyard eggs...
I haven't bought eggs in so long 
I don't have any idea how much they cost on the outside.


I will dry these shells in the oven, crush them up
and give them back to the chickens...
good calcium!


Four trays going into the freezer...
Four Dozen Eggs!


Made Dad and Lanny Fried Eggs, 
Sausage and Toast for Breakfast...


And the Herb Bread is done...
Smells SO good!



Harvest Time...




The cut trays will go out to my chickens...


It's a Buffet Table to them :-)
and as good for them as it is for us!


They liked lounging around inside the coop today, 
burrowing into the pine shavings...
it was SO windy up here...


For Lunch I made the men a Deli Chicken Sandwich 
on the Herb Bread.
Very tasty... I had one too!


And so did Mom...


Mom's Physical Therapist was here today...
Putting her thru the paces...

Put some ash in their sand box...
they loved it!

Another three...
five today!




For supper we had Chicken and Gravy on Mashed Potatoes, Corn and Spinach and Homemade Herb Bread... 
I ate too much!!!




I have been SO busy today...
as my sister would say,
"I don't know if I found my rope or lost my horse!"

But it's been a good busy...

Ready to call it over tho...
we will watch the last Jurassic Park tonight...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless you ALL
and 
Sweet, Sweet Dreams!!

Oh, and for my sweet friend Debbie,
how is this font ? :-)
I needed it bigger as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...