Monday, September 28, 2020

The "Big House"

  The Big House

The 2200 square foot house was already built on the property (inside the barn)...we just had to move in. I swore I'd never move again and I really mean it this time! 



Moving in....


We had to buy new appliances and I couldn't have natural gas cooking like the old place, but I am loving my kitchen so all is well...



One of my favorite furniture pieces, given to me by our Faye and Steve, our pastor and his wife...


It was January so the pool was covered and asleep...



This is the entrance to our house in the barn from the
back side...actually our front door into the living room... Maggie was very upset with the Rooster Weather Vane on the roof.



Priorities...the chickens needed a home :-)



The patio...





We had to build a fence to create a small backyard to keep the dogs from roaming the hillside. 







This is the entrance from the barn itself...the little porch
serves as a barrier for the dogs in case they run out
when the door is opened...it turned out kind of cute as well!






It's coming together...



Lanny's office...this is the first room you enter from the barn...


Our bedroom...the window looks out into the open area of the barn...
kind of weird at first, but I like it now...I can see what's going on
out there. The skylights in the roof of the barn let in lots of light.




Our back yard.



Another shot of the office and the door leading out to the open barn.



The office from the barn door...



Our view from the pool deck...



The view of the house from the pool deck.



Our free ranging chickens...the fence keeps them out of the
back yard with the dogs. They get along fine but the dogs tend
to like the little chicken snacks (if you know what I mean), 
so we don't let them roam together unless supervised!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday on Walden's Mountain... May 3

Quiet Time... "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For ...