Saturday, October 17, 2020

A Day in the Life / Friday October 16

Started our day in the usual way...

Fall is such a beautiful season, and it is really beautiful up here in the hills! We will take some pictures of the changing leaves...

Lanny and I took a trip to "town" to buy a few groceries...I wish I could get it down to a once a month trip, even once a week... but around here is an every other day trip. Lots of cooking going on.

I made bread, of course. This artisan bread is so good and so easy. I also made brownies and a cherry chocolate cake. We will freeze half of each for another time. The cherry chocolate cake was yummy.

We had pintos, fired taters, spinach, corn bread and the last of the tomatoes from the garden. Rob and Molly joined us. 


I bought a bread lame to slash my bread tops...works so much better than my dull knife :-)







Cherry Chocolate Cake

\

Brownies...

Yummy!!!

Tomorrow night Rob and Molly are getting married out in the common room. Nothing fancy, at their request. Steve and Faye (our pastor and sweet wife) will be here to officiate and it will be a precious time. Just the family will here to witness the event, but as soon as this virus madness is over they will have a shindig, I am sure!!

Marvel continues with Ant Man.

Goodnight, friends and family...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... May 18

Quiet Time... 🌺☔️ “The Lord is slow to anger and great in power, and the Lord will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. In whirlwind an...