Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mothers' Day on the Mountain... May 8

Quiet Time...

“Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:7‬

*****

Dad was up...
I took him his inhaler, his meds, his coffee 
and a Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit...


Then we sat down for our Quiet Time... I usually get about 90 minutes 
(sometimes more) before I jump up at 6 to start my work day :-)


I made our bed and fed the fur babies 
and then headed out to the chicken and duck yard...


Cloudy morning...






The usual two duck eggs...


My poor little stressed Maggie...
she just CANNOT relax :-)


A Pearl White and Goldie...
actually this was all we got today...
...only four eggs!
They must be on strike for some reason :-)


The Wisteria smells SO sweet!!



Maggie is still stressed!


Granny getting a "Mother's Day" hug from Rob...


We had Chicken, Black Bean, Corn and Rice Casserole, 
Salad and Yeast Rolls...
Paula made Brownies for our Dessert!



And then a real surprise!!! James came over with Sylvia Faye 
(dressed in her little cowgirl outfit!) to bring me a little gift and card...




So I had BOTH my boys with me for Mother's Day!!
What a TREAT!!!



And OUR Mommy!



James is such a great Papaw... It is so hard for me to believe he is a grandpa! 
I keep wanting to call him "Daddy" to Sylvia.





Dad came out to enjoy the cool afternoon...



I tried this exercise move, but Rob told me to act my age!!
And fortunately no one got it on film :-)


Our resident frog in an overturned flower pot...
He is orange! A Vol!


Mom also got a "Mother's Day" hug from James!


After everyone left, Lanny and I settled down for our Sunday afternoon snooze...


The puppies are clingy!
Except Mitzi... she gets a little kiss and then gets down on the floor 
to chew on her bone for a few minutes before she snoozes too :-)


After our nap we went out to visit with the chickens and ducks...
I love feeding them scratch... they eat it out of my hand!
Even Bucky!


The ducks like to swim when we are watching...
Little show offs!



A Brown Thrasher enjoying the chicken scratch...
we have Rufous Sided Towhee, Brown Headed Cowbirds, Red Winged Blackbirds, of course the usual Cardinals, Blue Birds, Wrens, House Finch, Gold Finch, Blue Jays, Sparrows (ugh)...just to name a few :-)


The babies are exploring the deck...
their furthest exploration so far...
but then Bucky chased them back into the coop.
I am not sure if he is chasing them to mate 
or to keep them in the coop for protection...



Lanny headed back down to church...

I made Dad some chicken noodle soup for his supper.
Then I put all the chicken feed away and I am cleaned up and in my Jammies...
I am watching Star Trek, the Next Generation and eating junk food :-)

Mom is a lot better, as you can tell by the fact that she ate in the dining room and went outside for a bit. But continue to lift her up. She still has pain and of course she is still a cancer patient! We won't know for another month or two whether the radiation has stopped the growth or not... but she isn't having any symptoms from that so far, unless the back issues are masking it and she doesn't realize it....

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless you one and all!
Sweet Dreams...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... June 25

Quiet Time...  🐑♥️ “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens an...