Monday, January 2, 2023

Monday on Walden's Mountain... January 2

Quiet Time...

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: 
if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, 
and will sup with him, and he with Me. 
Revelation 3:20 KJV
*****
Mom buzzed me once about 1:30...
This morning I overslept ;-)
or I should say, overlaid...

My alarm is actually a light that comes on at 3:45...
supposed to be like sunrise...
but I forgot to turn it on last night ...
I lay there in the morning waiting for it to come on 
and this morning I waited too long before I checked my watch!

Anyway, Dad was not up... 

So I got his stuff ready (except for his Sausage Biscuits)...
He didn't get up until around 6!


...Sat down with the fur kids...
and Lanny came in around 4:30...



Microgreen Time...
Top tray will be harvested today!
Middle two trays after only two days in light!



I will also pick some of the lettuce for tonights salad...


Flock and Fluffle time...




I started two new trays...
one Salad Blend and one Red Acre Cabbage...


Made Pancakes and Sausage for Dad and Lanny...



Sparkly Day...
gonna give the Tabico (the Sparkly crystals) a rest...
lots of sugar...




Cleaned the Rabbit Hutches...
Violet got her new litter box...



Blossom often uses her little box as a restaurant :-)
AND what it is made for (haha)...
in one end, out the other!


Heated up (and added to) the left over soup from a couple days ago 
for our lunch today...



Harvested the Microgreens...


And took the tray of roots and stems 
out to the garden for the chickens...


They like 'em!



Three eggs today...


That is pretty normal lately...
that leaves a lot of lazy hens :-)


Repotted some of the lettuce and spinach in the Barn Greenhouse...



The Horseradish is crazy big!

One more egg!!
Makes 4...


...warmed up the left overs from yesterday...
...a day after New Years Day dinner :-)




Chores are done...
I am in my Jammies and Lanny is in the shower...

Last night we watched Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...
tonight will be Prince Caspian...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
I SURE am enjoying this warm weather...
a BIG difference from last week!!!

God bless and Sweet Dreams!!

"We spend January 1st walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives ... not looking for flaws but for potential.​" 

—​ Ellen Goodman

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... October 5

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ♥️ “And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” ‭‭Galatians...