Monday, May 20, 2024

Monday on Walden's Mountain... May 20

Quiet Time...

πŸŒΈπŸƒ

“Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand. With Your counsel You will guide me, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For, behold, those who are far from You will perish; You have destroyed all those who are unfaithful to You. But as for me, the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭73‬:‭23‬-‭28‬ ‭

*****

Hello Monday...

🎢 "Monday, Monday, so good to me!" 🎢


Lanny checking his sugar and taking his insulin...
we praise God that his diabetes is not severe
and he can keep it under control...


Study Time
with my favorite creatures on this earth...
my Man and my pups!!!


Greens Time...
Just a couple days in the light...
growing well...


Needs another couple days in Black Out...


Second Day Germination...


Baby Lettuce...
one week old...


Teen Lettuce,
one month old :-)



OK, so I think I have shared this before
but for me it is a big deal...
if you have to tuck in the bottom of your sheet 
every morning because someone pulls it out
with their feet
then try this "hack"...


Tie a knot in the corner of the top sheet...


And tuck it under...
no more making the bed every day!
Lanny and I both have LONG legs
but we rarely pull the sheets out!!!


Sunny Good Morning!!


Out to the Barnyard...





Hurry Mom and Dad!
I am READY!!!






I had some questions about
our housing setup...
The Goat House is on this end...
I close the gate at night
just so the chickens and ducks won't roost in there...
chickens and ducks are SO messy
and the goats need their rest :-)


The duck house is the smaller box in the front...
the ducks used to use it but now
prefer to sleep with the chickens
on the coop floor...
they mainly use the duck house as a
dust bath box now :-)


The chicken coop is a 10x10 dog lot
that Lanny put a tin roof on and raised the height a little...
The chickens have a little door to go in and out
so that the goats won't go in and
eat the chicken feed...
chicken feed is VERY BAD for goats...


Even tho the hole is very small
 the big ducks have no problem...
they just squat and go in...


Admiring our fishies...
we are going to get some large koi this week
from a friend of a friend that has had
a pond failure... she said she has six 12 inch koi...
I am SO hoping they will like our little set up!!!
We may not be able to take al 6
because our pond may not be able to accommodate them...



Another 6 quarts of Bell Peppers and Onions
out of the Freeze Dryer and into storage...
One of my very favorite staples to have on hand...
I can use as much or as little as I need...
for omelets, soups, sauces, etc...



Eating his Breakfast
with his "fan club"...
except for Murphy...
he does NOT like salsa on his eggs :-)


Lanny working with his favorite tool...
His Tractor!!!




I gave the horses some carrots...
Horses are SO beautiful...




Paula and Lanny making plans...
I think Paula likes to drive the tractor as well :-)
Not me!!!!



Sunning...




Sparkly Day...


I warmed up yesterdays left overs for Lanny's lunch...
then we rested for a bit...


Lanny took me out in the truck to get some brush for the babies...
Kudzu, Pine, some Cedar and Sweetgum...




They LOVE it!!



These girls are so funny...
right under the feed bucket!
they love to dig deep holes in the pine flakes,
down to the dirt,
and then do their dust bathing...


I did find a snake in here today.
He was trying to swallow a duck egg down in the corner...
he bit off a bit more than he could chew, so to speak...
I was able to take it away from him and shew him out...
he was only about three feet long and his mouth just
would not open wide enough for that huge duck egg :-)

I will continue to collect eggs several times a day
and that way they won't get much satisfaction...


We had Grilled Cheese Sandwiches,
Salad and Chips for Supper...


Chores are done...
Goats are safe in their house...
We are ready to get into our Jammies
and watch the next X-Men...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God Bless
and
Sweet Dreams!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...