Monday, August 19, 2024

My Birthday on Walden's Mountain... August 19

Quiet Time... 

📚🍎

“No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.”

‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; Though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy dwelling places of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. The nations made an uproar, the kingdoms tottered; He raised His voice, the earth melted. The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. Come, behold the works of the Lord, Who has wrought desolations in the earth. He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariots with fire. “Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭46‬:‭1‬-‭11‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


“Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.”

‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬


🐝🌻

*****

Today is my birthday...

it is so hard to write the date August 19

without adding 1953 :-)

Yes, I am 71 today...

Hard to imagine...

I don't feel an "age"....

*****

Last night, and lately, every night,

Murphy goes in to our room

while I am brushing my teeth 

and getting ready for bed....

He goes over on his Daddy's side

to get a belly rub...

We have had him for five years

and he just started doing this...

SO very cute...


He was rescued from a bad hoarding situation
and had been in a cage his whole life...
he didn't even really know what grass was
when we got him.
He still wets on things when we leave the house
(separation anxiety, and just not knowing he shouldn't,
since he had to for an estimated 18 months...)
and that is why I have waterproof covers on 
everything... he is so adorable and worth it, for sure :-)


*****
Good Monday Morning!!


Waiting for snuggles...
Maggie is staged to get first choice...



She quickly took position against my leg
BEFORE Murph could get there :-)



Quiet Time (Pack Time)
Bible Study!


This one will come out of Black Out tomorrow...




Since we had only seen last nights movie once
I couldn't crochet as much...
didn't want to miss anything.
I got thru five rows :-)

Breakfast Ritual...

I don't eat breakfast...





Out to the Barnyard...



Evening Primrose... it is so pretty...
it is outside the fence
because any that is INSIDE the fence 
gets eaten by the Goats!



People often ask is the
chickens and goats get along...
well, they do... :-)


Tomatoes are heading into the last lap...
but we are still getting quite a few...


Thru the kitchen window...


Adorable :-)



My Honey made a card for me...
He always makes cards
and I always make his as well...
I don't think we have ever
bought a card for each other :-)


Then he took me down to Hobby Lobby...


I bought some stamping stuff...
and some deco for some
Christmas gifts I am making...



Then we went to Aldi's
for a few things...
we bought some grapes there a few days ago
that were SO good,
so he wanted more of those
and a Watermelon!


Can you guess where we are?
Garlic Biscuits???


Yes, Red Lobster.
I love their Shrimp...
sure have gotten a bit pricey tho...
but it IS my birthday, after all :-)



Then to Home Depot...
what a fun birthday so far :-)
Seriously, my kind of day!!!


Then passed my good friends
on the way home...
I would have cows if I were younger...





And maybe even camels :-)



We took our customary snooze...
Max joined us today...


We will snack tonight...
so we went out around 4 to sit with the critters
and then button up the Barnyard...



Animal Cracker time if I can keep the chickens away...
one chicken in particular...
she has been renamed
Rhode Island ROTTEN!!! :-)
She will take a cracker right out of
their mouth if she can!!





This egg was not totally formed...
I threw it out to the girls...
they are little cannibals
and they love eggs!!!





She was untying my shoe!


Headless ducks :-)
They love to dive...



Pup Pile pickup...


A dead fish today :-(
I hope that doesn't start again...
if it does we may just forget
about having a pond!
There must be something up in this area 
on the leaves or pollen getting in the pond.
It was this time last year when we lost 
all our fish!


Well, everything is done...
outside and inside...
we will start something new tonight.
I think we will start with
"Independence Day"...
Will Smith...

I had a fun birthday and
it makes it MORE fun because so many of you
sent me Birthday wishes...
Thank you for that!!!

****

Good night precious Family and Friends!!

God bless you ALL

and

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...