Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Back Surgery Adventure at Park West... October 14-15

 Quiet Time...

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ♥️

“The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry. When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭34‬:‭15‬, ‭17‬-‭19‬ ‭ESV‬‬


“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.”

‭‭John‬ ‭6‬:‭63‬ ‭ESV‬‬


“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

John 14:21

πŸ‚πŸ

Got up early to get ready to head for Park West and

get there by 5am...

We had a short Bible Study time,

but that is a necessity in this house!!!

Then we headed to Knoxville...

in the dark!

They are SO efficient there...

we were in a pre-op room and ready to go

by 5:08!!

Always papers to sign...

My pretty fashionable hat...

My Sweetie,

always here for me!

Resting his eyes :-)

They hooked me all up

and then we waitied for about an hour and a half...

Of course I had to check on my fur kids...

at first they were waiting in the front room...

but over the two days we were gone

poor Maggie didn't rest...

they ALL had separation anxiety...

So did I...

Of all the things I worry about in these situations

the pups and critters are top in my mind!



So the surgery went great!
But the first time they got me up
I was very "fainty" and wobbly...
still very much under the
influence of the anesthesia...
But I cannot believe how fast
they do get you up and around...


I had no appetite really
even tho the food looked SO good...
I nibbled a bit...


I SO hate to leave anything on my plate...


So Lanny went out in the evening on a 
Milkshake run...



I cannot taste or smell anything...
some hangover from covid four years ago
and then the added anesthesia and meds I guess...
but the shake was cold and felt
good on my sore throat 
(from the tubes)...



Of course we didn't sleep all that good
(who ever does away from home),
and Tuesday morning I had terrible nausea
from the pain meds...
so I didn't take any more...
I'd rather have pain tha nausea...

They gave me a does of nausea meds

and I was able to eat a bit more on Tuesday...

Honestly, the food is SO good!

Even if I cannot properly taste it...

Lanny confirmed it...

they brought him guest meals.


They changed the dressings
and all looks great...
It's pretty technical what he did...
he straightened up the two vertebra,
L4 and 5, put a little cage
around the spinal chord to keep it straightened out,
removed a cyst,
and when I first woke up I could feel the difference in my legs.
My toes weren't numb and I could move my legs around
without getting the extreme leg cramps...
Total Success in my mind!!!





They fed us a good lunch,
removed the drain tube,
and we headed home
around 2:30...
Park West is a FABULOUS hospital
and every single process, from pre-admission
to discharge was a very joyful experiance...
staff always smiling, professional, helpful, concerned...
Overall an A++++!!!




SO good to see my Barn!!!


And the pups were SO glad to see me!


I am still pretty slow
and not seeing or thinking straight :-)
but keep me (and especially my nurse.. Lanny.. in your prayers)

God Bless
and thank you all for praying for me over this past few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back Surgery Adventure at Park West... October 14-15

 Quiet Time... πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ♥️ “The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry. When the righteous cry for help, the Lor...