Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Wednesday on the Mountain... September 9

Quiet Time in Bible Study...

🏡👒


“For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.”

Psalm 30:5 ESV


“Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!”

Isaiah 5:20 ESV


“The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, doing abominable iniquity; there is none who does good.”

Psalm 53:1 ESV


“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.”

Galatians 5:22-25 ESV


“If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, and you must rule over it.””

Genesis 4:7 ESV


Deborah דְּבוֹרָה 🐝


*****

She got impatient last night...

she "turned down the bed" for us :-)



*****
Good Morning...
It's Wednesday!

🐪



Bible Study Time...





I changed the screen saver to Autumn...
Come on cool weather
and colored leaves!!



Elsa has been calling all morning
and just staring at the gate...
I wonder if she thinks we have her sister :-(
In case you missed yesterdays post,
a hawk killed Anna yesterday...


Out to the Barnyard...



She is eating,
but you can tell she is not happy...



I am giving away some of
my flock next weekend and
I hope that 


Paula and I headed for Oak Ridge around 9...
We went to Aldi's first...
then to Habitat with some clothes to drop off.
We went in to Kroger's for a couple things
and then decided to stop in at Culvers.
Got a Burger and Fries...
very good.

Checked on the Pups and
they were in the Pouting Parlor,
of course...


Then we went to Home Depot
for some materials Paula needed 
and dropped off some goodies at the Animal Shelter.
Headed home, and met Lanny going up
the drive on the TORO... He had been mowing...



I was putting the groceries away...

..then I looked
out the kitchen window 
and the hawk was back
eating another hen... this time one
of our "Littles" as we called them...
We are also missing
Lucy and Ethel...
We have looked everywhere in the yard.
It is so discouraging because
there is nothing we can do.
We have electric fence to keep out
the four legged predators
but Hawks are another story...
I am wondering if the Goats were
a deterent to the Hawks...

Heading out to get the
terrified fowl ready for bed...


These ladies (and Bucky)
have not moved for three hours...



So I gave them some water
and some treats...
There were several girls hiding in the weeds
so I put some water close to them as well...
I put water in the coop and we left
their food down for them...



*****

Tonight we are watching

"Midway"...

made in 1976 with

  • Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, James Coburn
  • Glenn Ford, Hal Holbrook, Robert Mitchum
  • and too many to list... all star cast!


*****


Good Night Everyone...

God Bless You!!


Good Night God Bless Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday on the Mountain... September 9

Quiet Time in Bible Study... 🏡👒 “For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, bu...