Sunday, December 27, 2020

A Day in the Life / Sunday, December 27

Quiet Time....

“Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.”

‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭6:11‬

It's Sunday...the Lord's Day...

Another cold morning...19 degrees. I let the chickens and ducks out of their snug coop and house and hurried in to my nice, warm house...those crazy ducks will swim in the ice water and seem to LOVE it!!

I looked out the kitchen window and a little hummer was trying to get breakfast...the feeder was frozen solid. I brought it in and warmed it up under warm water and immediately when I hung it back up I had my little visitor...


We didn't have Ensemble rehearsal this morning so Lanny and I didn't have to go in quite as early...

I was able to prep for Sunday Dinner.  I put rice in the cooker and set it for 12:30 and put the creamed chicken in the crock pot...it'll be ready when I get home.

The fur kids were enjoying the warm living room...



I headed down the hill around 9 and saw my little Zebu buddy...I am definitely gonna have to get me one next spring...


He is just SO cute...he always seems to know I am taking his picture...I stop on my way and he always looks...Maybe I should see if James (the Little Ponderosa Zoo over  will sell him to me :-) Ha!

Steve delivered a blessed sermon as usual and we had a pretty good crowd in spite of all this virus business!!

I finished up with Cornbread and some Normandy Veggies when I got home and we had a nice Sunday meal...Danny joined us.


We took our after-dinner Siesta...


...with our fur magnets all close by.

Lanny went back down the hill for the evening service and I put the chickens and ducks to bed and filled all their water ponds and buckets with fresh water...the lines were frozen yesterday so they had to make do with not so pristine conditions :-)

Paula and Shelly were out with the horses so I went over and enjoyed their company as well as some nuzzles from Dandy...I love those horses.

Now I am here by the fire, in my jammies, finishing up this entry and thinking about watching another Earth documentary...I made Mom and Dad some chicken noodle soup and I am eating some red chili smoked oysters and crackers...yum!

Don't know if Lanny will get home in time for a movie...we shall see...
Goodnight Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... April 27

Quiet Time... ”Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man h...