Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A Day in the Life / Wednesday, March 24

Quiet Time....

“One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD and to meditate in His temple.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭27:4‬ 

*****

These were from last night right before dark...so pretty...



Bible Study with our "pack"...


I took care of the morning chores and then some...I will be glad when the sun comes up a little earlier...I can't get into anything really big because I will have to go out with the feather buddies...

I fed the fur kids, did Mom and Dad's meds and had to order some refills...still had some time... piddled in the kitchen a bit and then headed out at dawn...



The chicks were waiting...I think they are fine until they hear the gate latch :-)


The ducks are keeping their end of the bargain :-)


Later in the morning I got two eggs from the chickens, so I am averaging 4 to 6 eggs a day...I will be experimenting with preserving them in lime water...they say it keeps them fresh for at least 12 months...we shall see...

Lanny and I headed down to Oak Ridge Hardwood at 8 to get another load of that gorgeous dark hardwood mulch...




I love the smell of mulch...



We actually had to wait on a train coming home the long detour (they will be working on our road for about a week)


Lanny and Paula unloaded the mulch and I helped spread it... it is going to be a lovely garden spot!


It's about 12' x 35' and full sun!


I fed the gang Vienna sausages, ham, cheese, peanut butter and saltines...a quick and light lunch...



This is Paula's dog Corky and he is Maggies brother..he is a bigger version of Maggie.... they act a lot alike...


Paula and I took a hike down the driveway to check out a water leak (our pressure was low)...when we got to the bottom I remembered that I was putting water in the pool...duh! No wonder the pressure was low. But we did get a good walk and a little exercise never hurt anyone, right!

Lanny came down on the 4 wheeler to check it out as well and I rode back up with him halfway...Paula was trucking along on foot!


Horses in the Pasture...


We trimmed the fruit trees since we were down there... not a lot. They will need a good pruning in the fall... we have a cherry, a pear and an apple...


We had Chili Mac for dinner with a Salad...
Cottage Cheese and Peaches for dessert...


We sat outside for awhile in this lovely spring weather...nearly 80 and breezy...
so nice!



I put the chicks and ducks to bed, checked the yard and finished up in the kitchen.

I am sitting here in my jammies finishing this post.

Lanny went to the church and won't be home until 8:30, so probably no movie tonight...

I think I will do something very exciting...
start on our taxes! UGH!!!

Goodnight Y'all..
God bless us, every one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... July 6

Quiet Time...  πŸ¦‹πŸŒŽ “The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all it contains, You have founded them. You have a strong...