Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A Day in the Life / Tuesday, March 23

Quiet Time.....

“The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭18:2‬ 

*****

Mom and Dad's little dog Skipper had a seizure this morning during our Quiet Time...he has them off and on. We figure it's like a human epileptic seizure. He writhes around and shakes a bit and then wakes like from a sleep, perfectly fine. He is a senior fellow and it is worrisome when he does it, but as I said, he seems perfectly fine afterwards. I heard in happening in Dad's room and so I
went back to get him. I brought him in here with us and held him until it was over and then he wanted to join us on the couch for a little Bible Study :-)


Maggie was not amused...she is so jealous and kept growling at him...he doesn't mind but after a few minutes he wanted to go back to his Daddy's room anyway...


So, after all the morning inside chores I still have time before daybreak, so....
I made some spice mixes that were running low. I make Chili Mix, Spaghetti Sauce Mix and Taco Seasoning Mix, as well as Seasoned Salt, Italian, etc. I have all the recipes on my blog, Mimi's House...


They are much cheaper and MUCH better tasting, in my opinion...and you know exactly what is in them...no crazy chemicals that you cannot pronounce :-)


I do make quite a mess...


But the end result is SO worth it!


So, morning has broken....




Rarely disappointing...


I think my dog is broken...


Still working hard!


Lanny and I went down to Walmart for a few things and I bought a small radio/CD player for the porch so I can listen to music while I work out there...

They are working on our road so we had to detour all over the world to get out of here, but I am sure the inconvenience will be worth it...they are doing shoulder work and drain ditches...

Lanny warmed up some stewed potatoes and made it into potato soup for himself and Dad for lunch...they both seemed to really like the creation!!

Lanny has been hard at work around the farm...his shop floor is so clean and so open now that he can get his MULE in there to load..


He mowed and weedwacked all over the place today and all the equipment is working wonderfully well...

Mom and Dad were out enjoying the sunshine and warm air...



Lanny and I had to run out and get his truck...they finished working on it really fast...we didn't expect it for at least a week!

We had Chili and Salad for supper...


The feathered friends are in bed and the back yard is free of landmines...
we are in our jammies and ready for a movie...
Samson and Delilah with Hedy Lamarr and Victor Mature...

Goodnight Y'all...
We love you!
God bless the USA!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... July 3

Quiet Time...  πŸ¦‰πŸƒ “Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up ...