Friday, April 2, 2021

A Day in the Life / Friday, April 2

Quiet Time....

“But Jesus was saying, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” And they cast lots, dividing up His garments among themselves.”

‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:34

*****
From last night... I have admirers when I am eating ice cream...notice Maggie and Mitzi are licking their lips...I do give them bites...


The morning started out nicely but Daddy got up coughing...I had to settle him down...it isn't his COPD...he has congestion in his throat...I think he needs something for sinus... anyway, it took me awhile to take care of that...


Then we heard noises in the wall..I think our mouse buddies are back... 
Max thinks so too...


After I leave the couch everyone spreads out!


I took care of Dad, got his meds and made the beds and waited for sunup...


It was COLD, but everyone was ready to get out...





Three eggs...



We headed down the hill early so Paula and Shelly could go after mulch and wood chips later this morning...

We drove over a coal filled train as we crossed the bridge...


...and passed some of my cow friends :-)


We bought some scratch grain for the chickens and ducks and a three drawer rolling storage bin so I can start a mealworm farm for my birds...I did it a few years ago and Sadie loved it...she will be thrilled to help me again...

Max was sunning in the drive when we got back...


Rob and James and Austin have been hard at work all week...



Lanny went out to Danny's to help repair some squirrel damage and I sat down to read some DIY and Gardening books but the dogs had other ideas... they LOVE for us to sit down on the couch...


More pictures of construction...




Paula and Shelly went for more playground chips for the corral...it keeps the mud down in the horse pasture...


I decided to make salmon cakes for supper and when I opened the cans I had a VERY captive audience! So, I added some of the skins and juices to their dog food and they were all VERY interested in their dinner today!


Then, I could not get a moments rest from my little shadows...


They thought I might drop some, but no such luck!


Lanny is working on the pond again...tomorrow is supposed to be a little warmer and sunny so we may get some decking up...


The fish were a little sluggish today....it is COLD!



So, I made Salmon Cakes, Macaroni and Tomatoes, Twice Baked Potatoes, Sliced Beets, Green Beans...I just LOVE salmon cakes, and so do the rest of my gang...




Lanny took care of the Potty Patrol and mowed the back yard...
I put the chicks and ducks to bed...

Now we are in our Jammies and getting ready to watch Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan...one of our favorites!

Goodnight Y'all...
We love you!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday on Walden's Mountain... October 4

Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ “Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, ...