Thursday, April 1, 2021

A Day in the Life / Thursday, April 1

Quiet Time....

“but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”

‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:7-8

*****

Nice and quiet this morning...can't say enough how much I love our mornings together, with the fur kids cuddled on the couch, and our Bibles....God is SO good!

Maggie kinda likes it too...


I took care of everything I could inside... our bed, the dogs and cat, some kitchen chores...Dad is regularly sleeping in these days so I have to take care of his stuff in reverse order...

Cold morning, but I don't think it got as cold as the weather person thought it would...
I hear it WILL tonight!



The ducks are back to normal...they do not seem to miss that Bad Boy Drake...the whole flock (chicks and ducks) seem more settled and contented...he was just TOO aggressive!! Three eggs! Hoorah!



The females are all resting with their heads in their wings and the drake is keeping watch...on one leg!


Lanny ran me down to the Food City early...I needed a few critical items and we wanted to get back early...little projects are all over the place around here...

The boys are working so hard out there...I think it will be really close to "move in" very soon... Rob and Molly are so ready to be home!



I made soup for Mom and Dad, and Lanny ate left over Spaghetti for lunch...I had left over Mexican burritos and soft taco's from yesterday, so I warmed those up and made some Nachos (chips and melted cheese) and took it out to those hard working boys... well, a little later Austin came in and told me that was the best lunch he had ever had...I gave him a really big hug! Virus or no!!! He is such a fine young man...my grand nephew by marriage (Molly's sister's son)...I love my family...ALL of them!!!

Lanny and I settled down for a little snooze...we haven't been snoozing much with the warm, sunny weather, but it was COLD today, so we cranked up the fire and settled in!



My little Maggie girl...she is MY GIRL!! :-)


The chickens are on a roll as well...two or three a day most of the time...


I made one of my (and pretty much everyones) favorite comfort, cold day meals...
Buttered Egg Noodles and Shrimp and Normandy Veggies with added Bell Peppers and Onions... throw in some buttered and garlic topped Crescent Rolls and Oh!... 
so good and just one more meal that I over indulge in!



So, the Potty Patrol is done, the chicks and ducks are snug as bugs in a rug... they have clean ponds and water buckets and all the bird feeders are full...

I am in my jammies and Lanny is in the shower... we are going backwards with the Star Trek movies so tonight will probably be the first movie from way back... 
Star Trek the Motion Picture 1979...

I am a Trekky, no doubt about it!

Goodnight Y'all...
Love to you ALL...
God bless us, every one!!




2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things in the evening is to see what all you have cooked for lunches and dinners. I hate to cook. Although I didn't make a pretty decent pot of chili but it's always interesting for me to see what you have done. Stay warm and good night

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my not only can I not cook I cannot type. I did make a decent pot of chili. We like it very spicy so I only cook it when it's just us

    ReplyDelete

Friday on Walden's Mountain... May 17

Quiet Time... 🌼🌸  “Who is a God like You, who pardons iniquity and passes over the rebellious act of the remnant of His possession? He doe...