Sunday, April 25, 2021

A Day in the Life / Sunday, April 25

Quiet Time....

“After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; and they cry out with a loud voice, saying, “ Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7:9-10‬

Started my morning at 4 today...just ready to get up...

I usually have to wipe up a Murphy mess or two...He is a rescue from a hoarding situation... he was caged 24/7 for his first year of life and he occasionally has a relapse... he is adorable and I don't mind. I bought a waterproof/petproof cover for the couch and bed and it just wipes up...

I also make Dad a thermos dispenser for his coffee and get it ready for him in case he gets up while we are reading... but as I've mentioned, he has been sleeping until 7:30 or later so we have very quiet and uneventful Bible Study times these days...

Mitzi curled up in her Daddy's spot (he slept in a little while) and Maggie was under the blanket...Murphy stayed in the bed...


Max curled up by my head on the back of the couch...



Today is Sunday...Rob and Molly join us for lunch...I made a jello salad: Strawberry Jello, Peaches, Marshmallows and Bananas...



and made sure all the condiment servers were full...


Pretty nice morning...
went out to let the chicks and ducks out of their night time houses...






Three duck eggs...






What's wrong with this picture? read on for the answer...


So, I came in from the chicken yard and washed my hair for church... then I went in to put on some shadow and mascara...I don't wear any makeup thru the week but Sunday Morning services are televised and I don't want to look like a corpse :-)

Well, I lost my glasses. I cannot see at all without my glasses and they weren't on the vanity...I thought they might have fallen in the floor and I called Lanny to help me...we searched all over the house where I had been.. I was getting pretty nervous because I cannot function at all without my glasses. I have an older pair that would get me by, but not comfortably... anyway, we finally found them...right under our noses all along...laying on the camouflage cover I put on the bed to protect it from Murphy's little accidents...
Whew!


So we both made it to church on time...
I love driving up to the view of this steeple...
Calvary Baptist Church...


Wonderful service and a nice crowd!




Came home and fed my crew Hamburgers, Potato Salad, Chips and Jello for Dessert...



I fed the puppies and kitty... you can see all six of them if you look closely...
Maggie has to stay in the corner by the dishwasher because she is getting a bit food aggressive lately...she growls at all the other dogs...this solved the problem...


Then Lanny and I settled down on the couch with all four of our fur kids for a Sunday nap...

He headed back to church around 3:30 to work on some sound stuff and get ready for the evening service...

I sorted pupa and larva...haha! I played with my meal worms...

I had to separate the mealworm pupa from the larva or the worms will eat them...the pupa are just a few days from turning into the beetles, which will then mate and lay eggs to make more mealworms to feed my chickens and ducks... fun project...

the mealworms...


the pupa...


I used a slotted spoon that lets the skinny worms fall thru but catch the pupa...
Anyway, the chickens LOVE mealworms and they are really expensive to buy!

I cleaned up the back yard...puppy landmines, 
and then put the chicks and ducks to bed...

I made Mom and Dad a grilled cheese sandwich for supper and Mom and I went out to see the horses and Paula and Shelly...

Horses are a LOT of work... but they are so beautiful... 
I get the good part of it all. I can love on 'em, feed 'em carrots and then walk away :-)
I'd help if they needed me but those two women are workhorses!!


Max loves it up here with all the barns, animals, cubby holes to explore and the woods...
AND, we never see any signs of mice or rats! I guess he and Luke are doing their jobs!


Lanny should be home around 7:20 or so and I think we might start the next Marvel movie: 
Doctor Strange.

I will put on my jammies and watch a Star Trek until he gets home.

Goodnight Y'all...
Sweet Dreams and God bless you real good!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...