Saturday, April 24, 2021

A Day in the Life / Saturday, April 24

Quiet Time....

“Do not love the world nor the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.”

‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:15-16

*****
Blanket Bible Study Buddies...


Not as cold as yesterday...


Mitzi joined us this morning...


And Max got in his usual and favorite spot...




The whole fur crew...


I took care of the morning inside chores...made our bed, emptied the dishwasher, fed the fur kids and headed out to take care of the feathered kids...




It was raining so I took the umbrella..it's a trick to do these jobs with one hand, but I am getting good at it :-)



This is the sound of the rain in the big barn...
I am standing in the big bay doors...


Dad got up around 7 ... sitting at his desk...
eating his donut...


Lanny and I headed down the hill at 7:45 for our Saturday morning date...


...at Hoskins...


We stopped at Home Depot for some parts for his mower, went to Aldi's and to Krogers for a few groceries and for the buns and fixings for out Hamburger Lunch tomorrow... 

It was so cold and rainy that Lanny and I sat down BEFORE lunch to snooze a bit...


I fixed Chicken Noodle soup for Mom, Dad and Lanny...
I ate my favorite smoked oysters (with red chili)...


I grilled up the burgers for tomorrow's lunch... I will put them in some onion soup tomorrow to warm them up. That makes them so moist and tasty... we all love 'em!


Can you smell 'em? :-)



For dinner I made Popcorn Shrimp, Crinkle Cut Fries and Macaroni and Tomatoes with a Jello Salad for dessert. Yesterday we had the orange jello, pineapples and marshmallows, so the second day I mix that with a big helping of cool whip for a "different" dessert. It is so light and even better than the original :-)



We cleaned up the kitchen and I headed out to put the chicks and ducks to bed...they have fresh water and I filled all the seed feeders for the wild birds... I can hear the baby bluebirds chirping every time I pass the bird house :-)

I am showered and in my jammies and finishing this post...Lanny is in the shower...
tonight is Captain America: Civil War, next in the Marvel series.

Goodnight Y'all...
Sweet Dreams and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...