Thursday, April 8, 2021

A Day in the Life / Thursday, April 8

Quiet Time....

“As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭4:10

*****
Max decided he'd lounge on Granny's chair this morning...


So we just had the three canine babies during Bible Study... 
Dad slept until about 6 so I took care of his morning needs and did some laundry until sunup....



It was raining so I didn't take any photos of the chicks outside...
don't want a wet phone :-)
...but from the barn bay doors I could get the sunrise...


Lanny was serenading the birds this rainy morning...


The customary three eggs...


Max moved up to the back of the couch...


...and Mitzi was shaking like a leaf...she KNOWS when there is a weather front coming in. She is better than any weatherman around!


We ran down the hill to pick up some groceries at Kroger's... it was raining and we figured since we couldn't work outside we might as well shop :-)

Rob has the entire inside of their "house" paneled with the rough cut wood...
They will work on decks and leave it all open for a while to dry out...
then the outside walls will go up.


We saw a turkey from their deck!


I fed the whole tribe, including the work crew, some open faced ham and cheese melts for lunch...not too bad (it was actually Aldi's brand of luncheon meat, aka Spam... I have never eaten Spam and I must say it is pretty tasty!)

Then I fed the fur kids (they eat around 2pm)...


.... I peeked out of the window to see Max tight rope walking the side of the pool...


The rain moved on and Lanny continues to work on the pond...it is really coming along... the only time I believe in evolution is in our backyard...our projects keep evolving and we never know the end result...we never really finish!



I went behind to pool to turn on the sump to get the water off the pool cover and all the feathered kids follow me...every living thing on this property think that I am the food person...I hope I mean a bit more than THAT!! :-)



The Ederberry that Wendy and Toby brought us is growing well...


I got one hens egg today...this is a comparison to let you see the size difference...
not a LOT of difference because my ducks are small, but they are bigger eggs!



...view from the dining room window...he is hard at work...



I made Chili, Rice and Cornbread for dinner...
then Applesauce and Chocolate Chip Brownies for dessert...



The sound of water is so soothing...I love watching the fish...
and right now, being spring, they are courting :-)
I'm having trouble loading videos lately so I will include a still shot below...






The dishes are done, the Puppy Potty Landmines are disposed of, the chickens and ducks are in bed and I am clean and in my jammies and waiting for Lanny to get out of the shower...
We will watch Star Trek, Undiscovered Country...

I will probably make some Popcorn and some Ice Cream Cones...

I LOVE evenings with my SweetHeart, all my Fur Kids cuddled around us and a good movie...

Good Night Y'all...
God is SO good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...