Saturday, July 17, 2021

A Day in the Life / Saturday, July 17

Quiet Time...

“Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, but a good word makes it glad.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:25

*****

I'm in Psalms...I love the Psalms!


Maggie and Murph under the blankets...



We had a very sweet Quiet Time...birds and the sound of the water fountain...

Then at 6 I hit the floor running :-)





I love it when the soldier fly grubs start coming in...
the feathered kids are very excited as well!


Three eggs today!!

...plus two chicken eggs later in the morning...








So, I think I have been in the kitchen ALL day...
except for our date at Hoskins...

Before we headed down the hill at 8 I gathered up all the bits and pieces of left over breads (I keep a bag in the fridge), and made a French Toast Casserole for tonights dinner...


...then we headed out for breakfast...


We ran by Food City after breakfast and picked up a Boston Butt for tomorrows BBQ Sunday Lunch...

I worked on my Sparkly (Water Kefir). I decant the last ferment and refrigerate and start a new batch with the water crystals...it is an every two day routine...


Then I prepped the Butt for the InstantPot....
Cut it into four big chunks and put it in to saute'...
two at a time...


Boiled some potatoes and eggs for Potato Salad...



Dishes, Dishes, Dishes!



Making a Pineapple Upside Down Cake for tomorrow...


...and more dishes...


Ran out to get a breath of fresh HOT air and Paula's farrier was there working on the horses hooves...



The cake is done...
I put it into a spring form pan...I do NOT know where my mind was.
Don't EVER put this kind of cake in a spring form...
the oven and counter were covered in yummy glaze sauce :-)


Then I made grilled cheese sandwiches for our lunch...



The Butt was done so I scooped it out to cool so I could pull it apart...


...then Lanny and I rested for about 30 minutes...
that's all I could spare!




Added just a little BBQ Sauce...everyone can add what they want on their sandwiches... it's in the fridge to be warmed up tomorrow after church...


Made the Potato Salad and put it in the fridge...


Checked on the Mealworms...they are growing!


I missed several cucumbers and they are HUGE, so I am making some cucumber relish...Seeded Cucumbers, Bell Peppers and Onions...


Overnight in the fridge in the pickling salt brine and I'll can it tomorrow...


Dad wanted to put some old blocks around Robbie's fire pit...
He brought three over and then Paula and Shelly finished the project.
Looks GOOD!


She took some rocks that were around the pit and put them in a wash out spot at the end of the drive... and took Mom along for the ride :-)



Heated the French Toast Casserole for Supper...



Cleaned up the kitchen...
Lanny picked up the puppy piles.
I put the chicks and ducks to bed and we found a little bluebird from our birdhouse (I am sure), in the corner of the yard. It didn't look well, but I sat it on the fence and the Momma and Daddy are tending to it. Perhaps it was just scared and had lost its way...
I just went out to check on it and the Momma and Daddy have rescued it...
all is well :-)

Lanny and I ran down the hill in the MULE to get the mail.
I am showered and finishing this post and Lanny is just now getting out of the shower.

Not sure what is on the big screen tonight.
I'll let you know tomorrow.

Goodnight Y'all
God bless and Sweet Dreams...

Tomorrow is the Lord's Day!!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... July 6

Quiet Time...  🦋🌎 “The heavens are Yours, the earth also is Yours; The world and all it contains, You have founded them. You have a strong...