Thursday, July 8, 2021

A Day in the Life / Thursday, July 8

Quiet Time.....

“Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the Lord God is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation.””

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭12:2‬

*****

I hooked up two trail cameras in the chicken coop to see if any rodents were coming in during the night... all the pics are of the chickens...no rats or mice on day one :-)



My little babies last night during Star Trek...
they don't like it when Daddy isn't home...


*****

Dad slept in until 10! so Lanny and I had a pretty quiet Quiet Time :-)

Maggie was terrified of a buzzy bug that came in the screen door so she went to the bedroom to hide...Max kept her company.


6 AM... Wake up Chickies and Duckies!!



Three eggs...YAY!!
and one brown one from the Maran's...


Had an inch of rain last night...we didn't hear a thing!
Paula said it was a pretty good storm...


Foggy, cloudy skies...



Went over to give the horses a carrot!



Max follows me everywhere...



Lanny was out bright and early mowing...very wet grass :-)


Water Lilies...


Paula's new hat!


She and Lanny were cleaning up one of the piles that have "piled up" over the year...



I made some refrigerator pickles...
we have a LOT of cucumbers...duh!


Paula found a little snake under one of the piles.
Yea, he bit me :-)


Lanny and I had to go to Costco so I got lunch ready for Mom and Dad and we headed down to have a little date at Freddy's for our lunch...


When we came home we had a welcoming committee...


Fed this little welcoming committee their lunch so we could sit down and rest...
I had leg cramps all night! OUCH!


...and Maggie in her private eating space :-)



*****

Paula mowing... it is SO HOT!!!
I told her to get in the pool off and on to cool off...
no such luck!


Max resting up...as usual.
He is a BUSY BOY at night!



The tomatoes are SO tall that the first heavy rain or wind and they will be broken off...
gotta do something...it won't be pretty...


Told ya...
but at least they might survive... they are covered with blooms!


We bought a rotisserie chicken at Costco, so I added some green beans and the left over potatoes from last night...Lanny and I weren't real hungry after that Freddy's lunch!



Lanny picked up the yard and then looked over the cucumbers...he always finds them. 
I always miss them...


I took the MULE down to get the mail...
we are going to make it a short night...we are both really tired.

The ducks and chicks are in bed, the trail cams are set.
We are watching Con Air...another favorite.
We like the old movies :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless the USA
Sweet Dreams




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... July 3

Quiet Time...  🦉🍃 “Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up ...