Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Day in the Mountains... December 25

Quiet Time...

“for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, 
who is Christ the Lord.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:11

*****
I overslept :-) and Dad was looking at his watch when I peeked on the camera...
so I took him his meds, put on his warm socks, gave him his coffee thermos, cup and donut and then made it the bathroom... whew!



Then I sat down for Devotion and Bible Study with my pack...
*****

Usual drill...at 6 I made the bed, fed the fur kids, did some chores...
made a jello, fruit and mini marshmallow dessert for our "Christmas Dinner"...
no crowd today... it'll just be Mom, Dad, Me, Lanny and Paula... and of course five dogs under the table just hoping for something to drop!!


Another gift from my little brown duck...



Came in and started some bread...


In the warm oven for first rise...



Mom's dog Casey...he's had such bad itching and allergies that I've had him wrapped in a big ace bandage for a couple months...he got a shot this past week and is doing so much better (not scratching), that I am giving him a little vacation from his straight jacket :-)


He is still a little chubby but he has really lost a lot of weight!


Bread dough is in the Pullman Pan and popped in the oven for second rise...


James, Tasha, Olivia and Sadie dropped by to say hi and bring a gift or two... it was SO good to see them. I sure miss them at our gatherings. 
We stayed out in the barn to distance a bit..






Tasha has a Cricut and she knows how to use it!!!


She made Mom and Dad a puzzle of their wedding photo...







I didn't get a picture of it but she made Paula a really cute horse key chain!!


... A Lord's Supper Shadow box...lighted and remote controlled for different colors... so pretty. I put it on the curio for now but after I move some stuff around I want it at eye level. It's too pretty...



Bread is baked and out of the oven...Yum...
Sandwich loaf is perfect when baked in the Pullman Pan!!


My little shadow...he KNOWS when I am cooking chicken...


Chicken and Dumplings...


Sweet Potatoes and Marshmallows...



Added some green beans and crescent rolls and it was kind of a Christmas Dinner...



Then we opened a few gifts from each other...



Paula gave Daddy some Jammie's...


And Mom got her customary bear...she has dozens of them from Paula...



Paula gave us some owls...just in case the chicken predators are in the air...


I always do calendars for everyone...



Daddy modeled his new jammies....


So, the kitchen is clean, the paper is in the trash, the chicks and ducks are tucked in, the puppy piles are picked up...Lanny is in the shower and soon we will be in our Jammies ready to watch another Christmas Carol...I think we will watch the 1951 Alistair Simms version tonight...it is the sweetest one and has a very Christian "feel" to it... love it!

Goodnight Y'all..
Hope you've had a marvelous Christmas Day.
Sweet Dreams
and
God bless us, Every One!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... September 29

Quiet Time Bible Study...  📖🙏🏻 “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the house...