Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Wednesday in the Woods... December 15

Quiet Time...

“But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.”

‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭6:6-8‬ ‭

*****
I overslept :-)


Study Buddies...


Headed out at sunup and almost caught the red sky...it was prettier than the camera shows...






No duck eggs in the house for two days but they are lying one in the yard...go figure. 
Next spring I will get a clutch of baby chicks and perhaps a few ducklings and see what happens. Hopefully Lanny will have the bird net up in the next couple days and my remaining kids will be safe...



This is one of the corner stands he has made for the netting...he will need 9 total...


The tree in the common area...Wendy brought us a giant 8 foot tree that we will put up in the next few days...it will look like Parade of Trees out here :-)



Wendy brought Dad an ArthWriter Hand Aid gadget. You can put pencils, utensils, etc. in it and hold it with arthritic hands (or in his case, neuropathy affected hands)...pretty cool...


Lanny and I went to a Calvary Church Staff Christmas Lunch today, so I made Mom and Dad some lunch at their usual eating time...with the dog audience of course...



Lanny has seven of the nine posts finished for the bird netting...


This is the greeting in the turn around at church...
Happy Birthday Jesus :-)





Pastor Steve prayed over our lunches...Dean's Restaurant fixed our meal and some of the best cooks in the country made desserts :-) It was SO nice...


I ate a very healthy, low cal lunch and THEN hit the desserts.
Yes, I ate every bit of this!
I will NOT want dinner tonight...


I had really high hopes for my "long hair", but alas, I have an appointment on Friday to get it cut SHORT!
So, I have a box of really cool hair gadgets that Sadie has just inherited...
Merry Christmas :-)


This bun maker is so cute and so fast!


I told you, I was not eating.
I made Corn Dogs and French Fries for them and I just watched...



Sadie was trying out hair stuff and decided to try a Cindy Lou Who style.
She is so clever! She put an empty water bottle on her head and pulled the hair up around it...



Lanny headed back to church for Wednesday night services. But there is no choir practice right now so he will be home around 8:30...not too long past his bedtime :-)

I will watch a few more Star Trek's after Sadie goes home (right now we are still playing with hair stuff...)
No movie tonight.

All the chores are done...kitchen, puppy piles, chicks and ducks...

Mom has an appointment at the Pulmonary Clinic tomorrow about the mass they found in her lungs. Please say a prayer for her. We know God has it all under control, so we just need to trust Him for His peace and strength to deal with whatever He has planned for us.

Goodnight Y'all.
We love you all!!!
Sweet Dreams...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...