Sunday, January 2, 2022

Sunday, The Lord's Day, in the Misty Mountains... January 2

Quiet Time...

“Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”

‭‭Psalm‬ ‭119:105

*****
Dad was in the bed when I got up...


Lanny got up about 4 and joined me on the couch with all the pack... Max included :-)




Dad got up around 5... I got his inhaler, his meds, his coffee and a Sausage, Egg and Cheese Croissant...


Then I headed back to the couch until 6...
We are such creatures of routine over here...
Make the bed, feed the fur kids, piddle in the kitchen and then outside at daybreak...




One egg a day... I sure need a couple more ducks...


The fish move around a little when the temperature is above 50 or so. 
But I still don't feed them.


Maggie and Mitzi like to wallow on Grandma's bed :-)


...or, laze around on the couch...


We had Hamburgers, Baked Beans, Chips and Panettone for Sunday Dinner...



Fed the fur kids at 2pm...


...and Maggie is fed a bit separated from the others so she isn't rude :-)


After I fed the kids, we all hit the couch for a Sunday nap...





Lanny had to go back to church at 5 so I made Chicken Noodle Soup for the three of them (I am not really hungry after two hamburgers at lunch :-))

He picked up the puppy landmines and I put the chicks and ducks to bed before the rain started.

*****

Tomorrow we will go pick up the new rooster... a little Bantam Buckeye, 2.5 pounds.
 I cannot wait to see him. This is a picture the owner (names Wendy) sent me of him... he was young here so probably has a more defined tail now... but will not have the comb and waddle that Willie had... actually a benefit. The comb and waddle have a tendency to get frost bite in really cold weather so these are very cold hardy birds. I am going to get some chicks from Wendy's spring hatch... I am SO excited!! My two Black Maran's are too old but my Aracauna is only 2 so perhaps I will have some chicks of my own...


So, I am watching some old Star Treks as I finish this post...
Probably no movie tonight... Lanny won't get home til 7:30...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...