Sunday, January 23, 2022

The Lord's Day in the Hills ... January 23

Quiet Time...

“For His anger is but for a moment, and His favor is for a lifetime. 
Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭30:5

*****

Dad was up...waiting for me :-)
Gave him his meds, put his socks on, took him his favorite cup and thermos of coffee and made him a Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit... at 4AM...
First Breakfast :-)


Then I settled down for my Quiet Time...
Every morning the same...Mitzi keeps her Daddy's seat warm til he gets up :-)



At 6 when I go to make the bed I have to move Max...then he comes to annoy his Daddy for a few minutes before Chow Time!


Fed the fur kids and piddled around in the kitchen...
Then I headed out to brave the cold morning... it was under 20!!
I like the meme that says "anyone who loves winter doesn't have livestock!"
I have to break the ice off their water tubs... 
I plugged in the heated bucket this afternoon.
We had rearranged everything when we were working on the electric fence and I had not put it back.
There will be NO breaking ice tomorrow!!


Later in the morning I found another egg from Miss Coconut! 
She has laid three this week...
HOOOOORAY!!!


And the duck (I think it is Gabby) laid hers in the lot...
So I had two eggs today... on a roll!!


Dad didn't want to get up at 8 so slept thru second breakfast :-)
I made him some Cinnamon Toast around 9:30 to hold him over til lunch...

Don't you wish you could be a dog for just one day...every now and then...?
especially one at THIS house :-)


For Sunday Lunch we had MimiLada's, Bean and Cheese Quesadilla ...


And Nacho's...


With all the fixing's!


Nathaniel and Katie were in so we had a nice crew.
Nathaniel and Katie are leaving Feb 14 for Costa Rica! They are going to a diving school. They are certified in just about everything else...Oh to be young and free... they are having so much fun traveling around in their little house truck all over the country... and now, heading OUT of the country. 
LOVE IT for them! Making so many memories!




Then Lanny and I rested a few minutes...


Sadie's Aunt Char Lee brought us some big rugs she was replacing in her house so we visited awhile and I showed her around... she hadn't been up here before.

Then Lanny cleaned up the puppy piles and I put the chicks and ducks to bed and cleaned out all their dirty water tubs... I also checked the electric fence all around to be sure it was in order...

Lanny just left for church. I will make Mom and Dad a lite supper (probably Chicken Noodle Soup for Dad and Frosted Flakes for Mom :-) )...

... and then I will watch a few old Star Trek's til Lanny gets home... he is going to bring me a PayDay candy bar!!! Don't tell!!

Love you all....
God bless us, every one...
Sweet Dreams...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... October 6

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‚πŸ ““Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.” ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭6...