Friday, May 27, 2022

Friday on the Farm... May 27

Quiet Time...

"Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: 
as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you." 
John 20:21
*****
Dad was not awake yet...

So I got everything together and settled down to read and study...
He got up around 5...


I opened the door so I could hear the morning sounds...
a video does not do it justice... the frogs were LOUD!!
I love it!



Lanny joined us shortly after... 
he said the frogs woke him up :-)





Even going out to the porch the video isn't as dynamic as it really was... 
I can hear three distinct calls plus the owl in the background!


Daybreak... my "workday" begins :-)



More frog eggs!



The ducks stayed in the coop last night...
this is Gabby's egg...
A green tree frog sitting on our screen door...


I put him in the flower pot for his own safety...
he is liable to get bitten... 
they don't taste good but a dumb dog might try!


Another one was at the other end of the barn in Lanny's shop...


Along with a toad buddy!!



I went out back to put some mosquito granules in the duck pond... 
the water is moving but I want to be sure there are no mosquitos 
and I caught a couple stragglers from the late night party... 
they were still at it :-)


We got another inch and a half last evening...


The fish love it!



Decanted the kefir so the chicks get some probiotic berries!






Made Dad and Lanny an Omelet: Sausage, Egg and Cheese and toast...
Mom ate a piece of toast in her suite :-)


A Coconut egg!


Another thing a video cannot do... 
the rain on the tin roof of this barn is so loud 
you cannot even talk above it!


Bread Day...


Ready for first rise...





Goldie and a Pearl White...


Willow and a Pearl White...
6 so far today...





Shaped and going in for second rise...


Ready for the oven!


Made some Ham Sandwiches and Chips for lunch,
 then settled on the couch for a snooze.
Lanny is working on sound for a funeral at church 
but came home for lunch. 
He has to go back around 1 for the actual service...



Out of the oven... smellin' SO good!!


For supper I found some Mexican Chicken, Black Beans, 
Corn and Rice in the freezer... 
I almost always make enough to have another meal in the freezer...  
these type dishes actually taste better the second time around!!


Lanny picked up the pup piles, I cleaned up the kitchen 
and put the chicken feeders away. 
I am not sure where Lanny ran off to (lots of possibilities on 64 acres),
 but I am sure he will be back soon for his shower and our movie time.
I am in my jammies and finishing this post.

Mom and Dad are both sleeping a LOT! I guess it goes along with aging... 
Mom's back is better but she is convinced she has no appetite... 
keep her in your prayers. There is no reason according to the doctors 
for her to experience a loss of appetite with the treatments she had 
but she is convinced otherwise... 
I am giving her high calorie Boost to counter those effects :-)...
and making Brownies!!!

Goodnight Family and Friends!!
God bless you ALL!!
and Sweet Dreams!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...