Thursday, May 26, 2022

Thursday on the Farm...May 26

Quiet Time...

“Let not your hearts be troubled. 
Believe in God; believe also in Me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:1

*****
Dad was up so I got him situated and happy 
and then headed for my "happy place" :-)


With my pack...
 it was raining hard, however, so Mitzi was shaking and panting... 
poor baby!


Jumped up around 5:50 and made the bed, fed the fur kids and headed out...
it was a break in the rain and I figured it was a good time.


Well, about the time I got out there all heaven opened up 
and it was a real downpour. I got soaked. 
I did NOT take any pictures. My camera is waterproof but I am not :-)
 
Only one Gabby egg this morning...


Dad usually goes back to bed, or to bed if he's been up all night, 
after he eats his first breakfast. 
Max often joins him... you can see Max at the foot of Dad's bed...


For Second Breakfast I made them some Eggs, Sausage and Toast. 
This was Dad's Second but Lanny's First. 
He is trying to eat only one these days... Dad is on a little diet as well. 
He says I have secretly put Lanny's pants in his closet 
or I am shrinking them in the wash :-)


Lanny made a little rack to hang some of Mom and Dad's clothes on 
until they go to KARM :-) They have been on a rack in another spot in the barn
for over two years and never touched, but don't mention taking them anywhere... Mom cannot part with things easily, 
even when she absolutely does not use or need them :-)


Finally a quiet moment with no rain... 
I put their treats in the door way of the coop 
because I know more rain is coming. 
The ducks don't mind rain but the chickens aren't fond of it...


A Willow egg...


Lanny had Max, Maggie and Murphy cuddled close. 
Mitzi had long since gone to Moms bed. 
She feels safer in there for some reason...


The fish also do not mind rain... 
as a matter of fact, they seem to get even friskier when it rains...


The second Water Lily... so pretty!


Well, all three turtles seem to be OK... 
no one is frantically digging 
and they nibbled on some fruit and veggies I put in there...


Well, I came in and as I walked into the kitchen 
I saw a chipmunk dart under the fridge! 
Max brings things in and lets them go occasionally... 
I think on purpose...he is rotten!! 
Anyway, the fridge is very close to the floor 
so the little dickens was kinda wedged beside it 
and Lanny was able to pry him out with a little stick into the net...


He seemed unharmed and escaped into the grasses outside the fence...


Mom's African Violet... 
it is in a very old pot in my kitchen window. 
The plant is leggy and lopsided but still occasionally blooms. 
I need to get a couple more violets but I never seem to find them 
when I do get a chance to go out. 
If anyone sees any somewhere in town let me know. I need two.


For lunch we had Turkey Sandwiches... Mom ate in her room...


Then we set down on the couch and took a little rainy day snooze...


A Pearl White and Goldie...


And the other Pearl White...
so we have 5 so far today...



One of the turtles is enjoying the little water bowl... 
if they decide to move in we will make them a nice turtle pool 
with a ramp for easy access... we have done this before :-)


The chickens like to get under the decking... 
lots of damp soil so I am sure there are worms and other bug delicacies! 
Plus, it is safe from overhead predators...


Grandma's Zephyr Lily is blooming. 
These bulbs have been passed down for several generations
 and that is why we call it Grandma's Lily. 
They are not rare or anything, but knowing we have had these plants 
and their bulb babies all these years is kinda sweet...


Finally got my sign for the coop... 
what do you think!?


Left over Mexican for supper tonight...
Lanny says it's better the second time around!



The little hummers don't mind the rain either!


The after dinner chores are finished and we are winding down for the evening...
We watched the last Chosen episode last night 
and then watched Wonder Woman.. 
not sure where we will go from there...

Mom is feeling better. She still has back issues and has fallen again, 
so she is sore other places. I am going to have to tie her to her walker I think!! :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
We love you all and appreciate your continued prayers.

God bless and Sweet Dreams!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...