Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Tuesday on the Farm... May 24

Quiet Time...

“Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, 
so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.”‭‭
Colossians‬ ‭4:6‬ 

*****

Dad was up!
Breakfast Burrito this morning,
to go with his medicine and coffee :-)


Then I hit the couch!


Lanny joined me a little later and we had all three pups...
Max was still out on the prowl...


I made the bed and fed the fur kids and headed out at daybreak...
it was very cloudy but not raining...



I let the ducks stay with the chickens last night... they had already made them a snug little hole in the pine flakes... Gabby laid her egg in the wooden nest on the floor, 
but still no egg from Penny... this is the third day...



The koi pond is a little clearer this morning...
I hope they are finished with their wild parties...
I love to be able to SEE them and not just muddy, murky water!!



Went over to give Dandy and Takoda some carrots...
Dandy was talking to me. I was trying to get a picture of him with his name sign and he was anxious for his carrot!!


Is he sticking his tongue out at me?
Or is that a horse raspberry :-)





Max didn't want his Daddy doing the bills this morning...
he had been out ALL night and needed some cuddles!




I threw some older tomatoes and some lettuce from the garden out into the run...
this is thru the kitchen window... they liked it!
But I think they are hoping for more...


After I fed Daddy an Omelet and Toast 
Lanny and I headed down the hill to the CoOp...
anytime I can leave the house it is a thrill!!!


We saw the Shetands and the Camels on our way out... The Bulls were up on the hill, too far away to get on the camera. 
I LOVE living next to a zoo... 
I wish the Camels would escape and come us visit like the Peacock did :-)



Making bread today...


In the oven for first rise...


Also bought a bunch of ground beef...
I like to fry it up and put it in the freezer...


I kept out what I want for tonights Mexican Dinner 
and put the rest into 1 pound containers... 
that way I can grab what I need for Spaghetti 
or whatever and it's fried and ready to use!


Made some little pizza's using left over hot dog buns 
and a couple burger buns...
It's a really quick and yummy lunch!!



Bread has risen for an hour...
looks like at LEAST double....


Ready to shape...


I like the round loaves... they make pretty toast and sandwiches...
I go back and forth... I'll do baguette rounds for awhile 
and then do the Pullman square...


Put the loaves in the oven for second rise and sat down with the kids to rest for a bit... 
Lanny has to go to "work" at the church for a couple hours... 
his Tuesday shift.
Then he will pick up Sadie at 3 for the evening...
This is the last week of school I think 
and then we will have her all day on Tuesday and Wednesday...
Unless they go on little trips, etc...


Mitzi with her bone...


Willow is sitting on her egg and a Goldie and a Pearl White...
so at least three so far...


Bread is out of the oven cooling!


Willow got off the eggs :-)


The Borage is blooming!


I took the lid off the sand box when the sun came out 
and the chickens were ecstatic!!




And Gabby was showing off again!




They love to eat scratch out of my hand!
And I LOVE for them to do it!!




I opened the fence for Dad to come into the chicken and duck yard.
He hadn't seen the pond or garden.
He enjoyed the tour and his scooter went everywhere with no problem!



Our girl is here :-)


We had MimiLada's for supper.. YUM!!




Rob joined us...




I went down to the "orchard"...
Quiet a few apples on the tree...


And a few pears... not many, but a few...



LOTS of cherries!



Dandy and Takoda enjoying the evening...


Sadie has gone home, all the evening chores are done
and we are going to continue with "The Chosen"...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams1







No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...