Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Wednesday in the Wood... May 25

Quiet Time...

“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, 
you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 
Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me,”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18:3-5‬ 

*****
Dad didn't get up until 5...
So I got every thing ready and settled in to start my Quiet Time...



Lanny joined us around 4:30...



At 6 I made the bed (you know who was NOT in it!!)...
because he was in the kitchen waiting for breakfast!


Fed the fur kids and headed out...
because they were calling me!





If you listen carefully you can hear the owls... they call to each other from all over the woods... the chicks and ducks are quite loud so it might be hard to hear them...



The ducks stayed in the coop again last night... they like it in there.
Penny laid an egg but it was soft and had broken...
I am going to have to figure out what is going on with her...



More frog eggs... those frogs are serious about this :-)




The koi and comets like their breakfast 
about as much as the chickens and ducks do :-)



Headed out thru the big barn...



... to see the horses...





Luke the Barn Cat was enjoying a nibble... he doesn't need much cat food. 
Obviously, he fills up on critters! He really does his job well!


Looking at The Big Barn from the stalls...
our house is thru the big barn at the other end...


Wednesday is meds day...


I decanted the Sparkley... 


the chicks LOVE the berries and raisins... plus, since they have been fermenting in the kefir for 48 hours they are full of probiotics!!




The sweet potato is starting to sprout...


This is Raven and Coppertina...
our oldest ladies.
Nearly 7 years old, French Black Copper Maran's...
when they were younger they laid dark chocolate brown eggs... 
GORGEOUS!!



Made Daddy some French Toast Sticks for breakfast...
Lanny had eaten cereal earlier...


These three are camped out by the kitchen gate...
just in case I bring something out, they will be first in line!!


Cut Momma's hair today...


She liked it!


Lanny brought a turtle up the hill.. it was headed up the bank toward the yard. 
The shell is a little beat up. If he likes it here 
we will let him stay, but if he is unhappy 
we will put him back where he was... 


Sugar is sitting on Goldies egg 
so I am sure she will leave a pearly white one there before she leaves :-)


Strange thing... Lanny found another smaller turtle on the trail as well. 
So now we are seeing if they like it here. If you remember, we had a great turtle habitat down on Arrowwood. Had eggs and babies every year. 
It was so interesting and entertaining. I miss that. I'd love for them to stay. 
If this was on their territorial trail they just might like it!


For lunch we had tuna, saltines, baloney, cheese, Vienna sausages... 
just a do your thing kind of lunch. 
Added potato chips and salsa and it was just right!


Then Lanny and I sat down for about 30 minutes... 
he has to run down to get Sadie at the Bus Stop at one 
so we didn't have a lot of time for a nap...


Yep, Sugar laid her egg by Goldies...


Also a Popcorn and a Coconut!
Makes 6 today so far, except one of the duck eggs was broken :-(


Our Girl is here!!



And they brought another turtle!! Coming up our driveway!
Honestly, if they aren't happy after a day or two I will send them on their way...
but who wouldn't be happy in my care? :-)
I LOVE my critters!!



We will build them a little pond and some shade and soft soil areas for burrowing...
they are gonna LOVE it!!!


Sadie is practicing a song on the piano...
I had a little video but our internet has been awful this past week...
it just won't upload!


I made Patty Melts and Chips for Supper...



Lanny picked up the pup piles and I cleaned up the kitchen.
He headed out to work a little more on the big pond... 
he lost some tools in it when he was trying to dredge the algae... 

We will watch the last episode of The Chosen, Season 2 tonight... 
Season 3 is supposed to come out in September. I cannot wait!!

Sadie is still here 
and we may head out to see the horses or walk down to the orchard...

the internet is actually working at this moment so I am going to post. 
If I do something really exciting later on I will report it tomorrow...

Goodnight Y'all...
I love you ALL...

God Bless and Sweet Dreams!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...