Monday, August 1, 2022

Monday on the Mountain... August 1

Quiet Time...

“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, 
do all to the glory of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10:31‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
Thought I'd share a few pics of our Great Grand Sylvia Faye...
and our Grandson Isaac...






*****

Daddy was up...


Made him a Breakfast Burrito to go with his morning goodies...


Then sat down for Quiet Time...
Maggie and Murphy decided to join me this morning...


And then Lanny sauntered in shortly after...


I finished up around 5:45 and did my usual early morning chores...
bed and breakfast for the fur critters...
Mom got up a little early so I took care of her coffee and morning necessities...

then went out to the the chicken and duck lot...




Cloudy morning...


Gabby and Penny decided to switch it up this morning...
laid them on the other side of the coop floor...


And, Willow had a late night/early morning gift...
she hadn't laid one for a day or two...
it takes 16 hours of sunlight for a chicken to make an egg ready to lay...
it's been pretty cloudy the last few days...



Gabby and Penny...



One inch of rain yesterday....


Today's calendar page...
you know I make the calendars for everyone at Christmas time 
and this is mine and Lanny's...


And this cute thang belongs to Mom and Dad...
James and his lady gave it to them many Christmases ago....
I have to change the little wooden numbers every month...


Ran out the other end of the barn to see the horses...


And they were arguing over who would get the first carrot :-)


Lanny was already at work in his shop...


Paula has a deep green thumb this year...
her Crepe Myrtle is gorgeous and still very young...


And so is her Rose of Sharon!


Getting jars ready to can some more pork...
I did six quarts on Friday and it was so nice 
that Lanny ran back down to Food City and got 4 more big packs of it...
So I put 11 quarts of pork into the canner...



I made the men Egg, Bacon and Cheese Omelets 
and toast for breakfast...
forgot the picture ...

Did some piddling around the house and then made us all some Tomato Sandwiches and left over Potato Salad for lunch...



11 Quarts of pork cooling on the counter...


Nap time...




Had all four of our fur kids in here with us...


We had nearly an hour of snooze time...


Sugar and Goldie...


Also did 5 pints of very rich chicken broth I made with the carcass of the chicken I canned a couple days ago... I use a LOT of broths for soups and gravies, etc. 
Have frozen it for years but I am really trying to get away from the freezer...
I'd like to only have ice cream and maybe some left over things, but no storage.
We have SO many power outages up here with all the trees and I do not want to worry about stuff in the freezer!!!


I fried up a couple of those chops Lanny bought, opened a can of green beans I canned last week and baked some potatoes...
YUM!!



There is always a little oil left from frying things like chicken or chops, 
and I don't like to reuse oil. I also don't like to dump it anywhere, so....
I simply put some oatmeal in the pan and stir it around until it absorbs the oil 
and give it to the chickens. I used to give it to the birds when I didn't have chickens... it's kinda like suet!
They LOVE it!!!



All the evening chores are done...
I am going to get my evening attire on any minute :-)
Lanny is in the shower and will also dress for the evening...

Tonight we will watch AntMan and Wasp...
another fun one :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... May 19

Quiet Time... 🌿🌻 “But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you,  O Israel, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed ...