Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Wednesday in the Wood... August 3

Quiet Time...

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. 
In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; 
I have overcome the world." 
John 16:33 KJV

*****
Much better morning :-)
I am back to normal!! Well, "normal" for me :-)

Dad wasn't up yet...he slept in until around 5, so I got everything ready
and then made him a couple Biscuit Roll Ups to go with it 
when he got up and around...

Oh, its Med's Day Wednesday as well..
I always do their meds for the week on Wednesday mornings...


Finished up with my Study time around 5:45, 
made the bed, fed the furry children 
and headed out to take care of the feathered children...




Coconut laid her egg in the night from the roost... 
it is pretty high up but the floor is deeply cushioned with pine flakes 
so they usually don't break...


Gabby and Penny laid theirs in one of their favorite spots...
under the hens nesting boxes on the coop floor...



I am still looking for a few more hens 
if you hear of anyone needing to rehome some young ladies...
I would love to have at least 15 laying hens...
and a few more duck hens as well.


This is mighty cute... see the wrinkles in the tan egg...


When the egg is laid it is soft for just a couple seconds...
when Coconut dropped the egg it was still soft, 
so when it hit the floor it smooshed a little...
so cute!


I threw out some peaches and cucumbers for them...
they love just about any treat I throw out there :-)


Made Dad and Lanny an Egg and Sausage Omelet 
with some toast for their Second Breakfast...


Maggie can look mighty pitiful when she begs, 
but I have tried to convince Dad NOT to feed her from the table... 
sometimes he forgets (haha)!


Caught Sugar in the act...


She laid it just as I took the picture...



Goldie and Sugar...


I've thrown out several things this morning 
so they are hanging around the kitchen gate...



Lanny had to go to the church to work so he wasn't here for lunch...
Made the three of us some Tuna Sandwiches for our lunch...
Mom ate in her Suite :-)


Have to throw in a couple 'First Day of 6th Grade" pictures...
She is such a Cutie Pie!!!



Four dogs all in a row... dinner time :-)


Took some lettuce out to the chickies and ducks 
and caught Gabby bathing...
that water is pretty warm but she doesn't ever seem to mind... 
they also swim in the dead of winter even when there is ICE floating on that water!!! 



I love water Lilies!!



Look at this cutie! 
He lays like this all the time...


For supper we had Mexican!!!
Make your own...
YUM!!!




Lanny picked up the landmines, I put the chicken feed away...
He has church tonight so I will finish up this post, get my night clothes on 
and I think I just might make some Grape Jelly... 
it's water bath so it won't take long...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless you ALL
and
Sweet Dreams!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... June 25

Quiet Time...  🐑♥️ “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens an...