Saturday, November 19, 2022

Saturday on the Hilltop... November 19

Quiet Time...

“A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭17‬:‭17‬ ‭ESV‬‬

*****
Mom buzzed me around one...
So I took care of her and hurried back into that warm bed until 3:45...
Dad wasn't up yet...


I got his meds and coffee ready...


I always go out in the barn and turn on the lights in the Indoor Green House and then turn on these lights on the Microgreen Garden Shelves...


Then I settle in with my Bible Study Pack...


Max needed some cuddles from his Daddy...



AND, he insisted that the right hand should be used only for petting...
NOT for typing :-)


Maggie can lay in some of the most uncomfortable looking positions!!!


Checked on the weighted and covered seeds...
the peas are germinating nicely... a couple more days under weights...


The beets are really slow but there is some germination going on...


The sunflower seeds look great...
I think they will be ready for blackout tomorrow!


...and the four small trays of variety seeds is about ready for black out as well...
I am having a LOT of fun doing this little project...
not to mention how delicious the greens are on salads...
When I get more seeds ready I will try some stir fries and other recipes...


Basic Salad Mix ready to start harvesting...


And the Red Acre Cabbage is close...
I may take a tiny bit of the ends for our salad tonight...


The reusable media experiment is going well also...


Breakfast time for the fur kids...




And then out to the flock...
another VERY cold morning!!!






Made the men a Bacon, Bell Pepper and Onion Omelet 
with a bit of Cheese and some Cinnamon and Sugar topped Rolls...



Mom had some toast along with her prunes and grapes.
She seems to be a little more alert today...
your prayers are working :-)


Ready to harvest a little from this end...




I warmed up some left over Pizza for the men. 
Mom wanted some Peanut Butter and Crackers with her Boost Milk Shake :-)

*****

Lanny is closing in on the Rabbit Hutch build...
we were going to go get the three bunnies today but I think we will wait until Monday.
That way we will be totally finished and I can get the bedding and feed stations taken care of and have a longer day to get to know them before dark...





Plus, he needed to go down to Home Depot for some last minute materials 
AND to pick up the Harvest Right Freeze Dryer!!!! YAY!!!

Worked on some No Knead Artisan Bread while he was gone...
in the bowl for a rest...


It's HERE!!!


Robbie came out to help move it...
I used to be his helper for everything but I am just not strong enough anymore...



Gotta read all the manuals and get everything ready... 
I may be freeze drying tomorrow!!!


Bread is done!!!


Mom and Dad cannot chew it if it is too brown so I take it out a wee bit early. 
It is still done but not so crispy. Still YUM YUM YUMMY!!!


And you know I always eat the heels of my bread just to make sure its tasty :-)
There are no ends to a round loaf so I just had to ad lib!!


Poor little Opal is blind in one eye and has such a hard time getting her share.
I make sure I put seeds or goodies on the roost 
where she is sitting to avoid the crowd.


Dust bathing...


And the ducks just like water no matter what temperature it is!


So close...
We will certainly be ready on Monday for our Bunnies!!


We had Chicken and Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggies for Supper...
Also the Homemade Artisan Bread AND the Microgreen Salad!!
Oh, and a Jello, Marshmallow and Fruit Dessert...


Mom is more confused every day.
She isn't sure where she is (that comes and goes) 
and she has vivid dreams and imaginations...
and since she is asleep off and on all day it is becoming the norm...
Continue to pray for her...


Chores are done...
We will watch the next Harry Potter...
I think that is Prisoner of Azkaban...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless and Sweet Dreams...

“Day is over, night has come. Today is gone, what’s done is done. 
Embrace your dreams, through the night. Tomorrow comes with a whole new light.” –Unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... June 25

Quiet Time...  🐑♥️ “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens an...