Friday, November 18, 2022

Friday on the Farm... November 18

Quiet Time...

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1‬:‭17‬ ‭ESV‬‬
*****
Mom buzzed me just as I was about to get out of the bed...
I helped her to the potty and tucked her back into bed.
Dad was still in bed so I got his stuff together and sat down to get started on my Bible Reading. I was just getting the cameras on to keep an eye on them when I heard a noise and looked up and Mom was coming thru the Parlor door! I had just about breathed a deep sigh of relief that she was NOT getting up without calling me (it had been nearly a week), but now I have to start over again fretting about her misbehaving :-) I got her back into bed and fussed at her like a toddler which she doesn't really understand... We are going to work on getting her a hospital bed which will be a great benefit for a LOT of reasons, but mostly because the rails are head to foot... even she couldn't climb over them :-)



Max is his Daddy's boy, that's for sure.
He is such a lover, but prefers Lanny.
I'm am just the giver of food :-)



After I got Mom back into bed the second time :-)
Murphy on the right, Mitzi on the left and Maggie under the red blanket...
my Bible Study Fur Crew...


And Max eyeing me from the dining room...


Made the bed and the kids were anxiously awaiting the Breakfast Bell :-)


Out to the flock...
Can I just say, BRRRRRRRR!


Frost on the herbs and lettuce...



The hutches are SO close to being finished....


The duck pond was frozen and Gabby was a little bit confused...
this is the first winter with this pond 
so she has never experienced hard water before :-)



Made the men some Fried Eggs, Sausage and Toast...



Mom had Toast and Jelly...


Water Kefir Day...


So the birds got some berries...
the ducks come running 
but they don't seem to care for the fermented berries...
the chickens do!!


One early morning egg...





Warmed up enough that they could swim...
I wish that I could deal with cold weather like a duck.
when you grow up in Southern California, even tho I have lived here for 46 years, 
it just isn't easy to get comfortable with cold weather!!


Mom's Physical Therapist came today for the initial visit... 
It is Brenna, the same one Dad had last year! 
We love her and hope she can do some good for Mom. 
She sure got Dad going. Different situation, to be sure, 
but hopefully there will her some positive results...

Made Ham Sandwiches for lunch and then Dad and Lanny ran down to Home Depot to pick up some last minute materials for the hutches...

Three more eggs for the day...



So, here are some pics of the Microgreens.
You know I am just starting so hopefully in the next week 
the shelves will be full and green.
We have been eating them every night in salads 
and Rob and Molly are loving them too...
I'll keep you posted...


The Barn Greenhouse is doing pretty well also.
The lettuce, spinach and greens are coming along...


Even my carrot experiment is doing well...


The horseradish has decided NOT to stay dormant and I hope it will survive thru the winter under lights until I can plant it next spring...


The lettuces are nearly ready to be thinned.



These lettuces will be transplanted into bigger pots to hopefully grow big and yummy and be mixed with my Microgreens!!
We got a late start with this indoor greenhouse project, 
but with caring for Mom and Dad and the other projects in the works 
I guess we are blessed to be this far!!


Well, Dominos had a special going, 
buy one get one free...
so we did!
The cook was off today!!



And Mom and Dad love Pizza, as we do!



Look at this little Darlin'!!
Sylvia Faye, our Great Grand
is a Little Princess today!!!




My puppies are pretty precious as well :-)
Murphy and Maggie were touching each other!
That is happening a little more often these days.


Chores are done.
Chicken feed is safely stored away.
Puppy piles are picked up and disposed of...

We are in our Jammies and will continue Harry Potter tonight.
We will watch the end of Chamber of Secrets...
We cannot make it thru a whole movie these days :-)
I'll pop corn and cuddle with Lanny and the puppies...
Heaven on earth!!

Goodnight Family and Friends...
We cherish you ALL!!!
God bless, continue to lift up Mom and Dad...

Sweet Dreams!!

“If you go to bed at night and think about your day 
and you haven’t laughed very much, 
then you must jump out of bed and go do something fun.”
 –Marlo Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday on Walden's Mountain... June 28

Quiet Time...  ☀️๐ŸŒป “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He ...