Saturday, December 31, 2022

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... December 31

Quiet Time...

"For I know that my Redeemer liveth, 
and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:" 
Job 19:25 KJV
*****
Mom slept thru the night...she actually didn't buzz me until around 5!
Dad was up so I made him a couple Sausage Biscuits...

And then sat down with my pack until Mom buzzed...
last morning of 2022... Last 4 chapters of Revelation...


Mitzi even joined us...


One more day of black out for the Salad Blend.
I need to do a couple new trays today or tomorrow...


These will be ready to harvest tomorrow...


Lettuce is doing very well...



This is the January page of the new 2023 calendar...
I did a fade behind the calendar grid so it's hard to see in a picture
 but that is me and Lanny and Mom with our friends Janie and Johnny 
at last years Christmas Eve service at Calvary...


Sparkley and Berry day...


Flock and Fluffle Time...


And in spite of 6-8 inches of solid ice this last week
on the top of this pond 
it seems that the fish are ALL fine!!!






Blossom...


Thumper....


And Violet...
they are nearly double the size 
they were when we brought them home...


The chickies like having warm water...


Made Dad and Lanny some Eggs, Sausage and Toast...


And started on some Shortbread Cookies...


After the "batter" is all mixed it has to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours 
before making into the cookies... it is 3 sticks of butter....

Grilled Cheese for lunch....


And a little snooze afterwards...


I don't really make New Years Resolutions 
but usually try to do something positive to start it off...
I have been sorting and purging all week... closets and drawers.
I am so busy with Mom and Dad 
and I really need to have less incidental stuff going on in my life.
... you know, things that I always need to clean or neat up 
or put away that aren't necessary...
SO, I have several bags ready for KARM and more to go.
Actually, I was hanging on to a few really cute dancy outfits from our dancing days...
not that I can't still wear them (I am serious!)
but a 70 year old woman in spaghetti straps, sequins 
and skirts that hit WAY above the knees is not a sight anyone wants to behold :-) Anyway, I have gathered them up for our Granddaughter Rayne. 
She is just the right size. If she doesn't want them I will have at least offered them before they head to KARM's as well..
My closet hangers are loose and it's airy and I can see everything...
Feels GOOD!!!
Anyway, I am hoping to really clear out 
a LOT of clutter stuff that I don't need.

*****
After the batter set up in the fridge
 I baked a dozen of the Shortbread Cookies...
VERY good and VERY light.
Not sweet at all.
That really is a positive thing :-)


Then I rolled all the rest of the batter and put it on a sheet to freeze.
When they are well frozen I will put them in a big ziplock bag and when I want a few cookies I can just grab as many as I want and bake... 
I have done this forever when I make cookies. 
I don't like to bake them all at once 
because we will either eat too many or they get a little stale. 
This way they are fresh and yummy 
and I can split it up over weeks and even months!!


Oh, I am making some ad lib soup. 
I took out a bag of my freeze dried rice and hydrated it 
(in about 10 minutes) and it tastes like it just came out of the rice cooker 
after an hour and a half cooking time... 
I am SOLD on freeze dried rice, for sure!!! 
So far everything I have dried is turning out really good...


The soup turned out Yummy!!!





Hoping someone dropped something...
didn't happen...


Chores are done...,
I am in my Jammies, er, 
my New Years Eve outfit :-)
We have BIG plans.
Gonna sit on the couch with our fur kids 
and watch Episode 2 and 3 of the Chosen Season 3...

Goodnight Family and Friends...
Here's to a fabulous NEW YEAR!!!
Everyone says it has to be better than 2022 but 
God is good all the time...
and all the time God is good...

He has everything under control and 
nothing that happened this year took Him by surprise...
Same goes for next year.
He's got our back!!!
We are safe in His Everlasting Arms...

Be safe tonight 
if you are out and about...

God Bless!!!

"Write it on your heart 
that every day is the best day in the year.” 
—Ralph Waldo Emerson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... May 11

Quiet Time... “He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pa...