Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Wednesday in the Wood ... December 7

Quiet Time...

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, 
and all these things will be added to you.”

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭33‬ ‭ESV‬‬ 

*****
I told you about Daddy going in every night to tell Momma good night. 
Last night I captured it on the spy cam :-)




*****
Mom slept thru the night...
not one buzz until around 4 as I was getting Dad situated...
He was up and I made him a couple Sausage Biscuits
to go with his coffee...


Snug as a bug in a rug...
Murph on the right,
Mags on the left!


Then Lanny joined us...


A Crow Off between Bucky and Big Roo...
caught on the Critter Camera...
too cute!!
If you listen carefully there is a little growl in the background...
that is Mara... she is always growling at anything and everything...
Party Pooper! :-)


5:45 Microgreen time...
This tray has been under weights for 4 days.
Time to go into Black Out...


I put the tray that was the other direction pressing on the sprouts upside down to form a little dark green house. It will stay on for 3 or 4 days...


This is the tray I started yesterday. 
Only a few tiny sprouts showing 
and it still has 2 or 3 days of weight to go...


It amazes me that you need to put two 7 pound bricks 
on top of those delicate sprouts, 
but it makes the root work into the soil and the stem pushes up... 
makes them strong!



Max had to be moved into the living room 
so I could make the bed...


The dogs looking cute waiting for 6AM Breakfast Bell...


Heading out to the Flock and Fluffle...
had to wear my rain gear.
It was raining pretty hard!


They came out to see what I had...


but decided it was raining just too hard...


Made the men an Omelet and some Toast...
Bacon, egg, bell peppers, onions and cheese...



That broth that I did yesterday spent the night in the fridge...
it was so concentrated and looked like Jello! I scooped the fat off the top 
and spread it on the trays to throw in the regular freezer...
I only had two trays filled so I just put on some beef bones to make beef broth and will put them together in the freeze dryer. I need four trays for a full load...


It is pouring the rain so Lanny always goes up on the house roof to see if the barn is leaking anywhere up there... we have had a few water issues and he just likes to make sure everything is AOK!


The Barn Greenhouse...


Checking out the roof...
see, we have a flat top house INSIDE a Barn :-)
This is the flat roof of our house and the beams of the Big Barn above!


Decided to play with my treadle sewing machine that my friend Wendy gave me...
I had to figure out the bobbin and threading it but I actually made a seam!!!


I need to get good at it... 
I'd LOVE to make some things with it!!!



Rotisserie Chicken in the Freeze Dryer...


Beef Bone Broth bubbling away in the slow cooker...


Daddy's shower nurse came today...
He LOVES shower day...
She lotions up his legs and feet...
He feels pampered :-)
I do that too, but it's different when it's a nurse...
go figure :-)


Threw out some rice to my feathered kids...
they were out during one of the lulls in the rain...
mostly it has been POURING today!!


Chicken and Gravy in my Marquette Castings Dutch Oven...
did I mention I LOVE my new Dutch Oven!!


Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
and Biscuits...




All the chores are done...
I am in my Jammies...
Lanny is in the shower...

Last night we watched the Alistair Sim Christmas Carol...
I think tonight we might watch Home Alone...
A sweet Lady at church gave it to us because we said we had never seen it...
Now we watch it every year ... it is in our rotation :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless us, Every One!
Sweet Dreams!

Isaiah 11:6
And the wolf will dwell with the lamb,
And the leopard will lie down with the young goat,
And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child will lead them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... July 3

Quiet Time...  🦉🍃 “Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up ...