Monday, January 9, 2023

Monday on Walden's Mountain... January 9

Quiet Time...

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, 
when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 
Acts 3:19 KJV
*****
My friend Jane posted this cute poster of the full moons...
I wouldn't mind having it on a wall somewhere :-)

Mom buzzed around 1:30 and I was so deep asleep that Lanny had to poke me.
That has NEVER happened... I have always heard the buzzer...
Anyway, I did go back to sleep ...

Daddy was up at 3:45 when I came into the living room...
this clock in the living room is NOT atomic time 
and is usually fast by a few minutes... :-)
I made Dad his Breakfast Burrito and headed for the couch...


I had Murphy on the right and Maggie on the left...
the usual...



And Lanny came in around 5...


I was up and down because Daddy had a very rough morning...
he is still coughing SO bad. 
He was having a "bad breathing day" and that always makes him very panicky.
I take my stethoscope and oximeter in and do my "nurse" routine.
It takes me a while sometimes but I can usually calm him down.
If he takes slow, deep breaths and relaxes he starts feeling better
but this morning he was also having afib which only makes it worse...
Panic causes a racing heart and then if you throw in COPD, 
a cold and afib it is NOT a good combination... 

****** 
Two day germination...
looks good...


I am still impressed with the amount of root on the underside of the media...



This is four days weighted and two days in black out...
another day or two and I will let them have light!


Roots!!!



This will definitely be ready for harvest tomorrow!




Mitzi on "her futon"...


Had to move Maxey to make the bed...


A mess of fur babies and a human....
Do you think we have enough blankey's :-)


Ready to put the celery into the freeze dryer...
I will LOVE having celery for soups and other recipes...
I NEVER have celery when I need it.
Well, I will now!!



Flock and Fluffle Time...


The morning moon...
Is this the left over "Stay Home" Moon :-)









I LOVE the orange color of my comets...
SO vibrant, even in the winter...


Fried Eggs, Sausage, Toast and Banana Bread...
Dad thought he might want to eat but ended up going back to his chair...
I gave him a Boost which he did drink slowly...
at least he got some calories and vitamins...
Lanny ate his egg and sausage :-)
I ate his toast...
Mom got his Banana Bread...


Sparkley Day...


Berries for the Birds...





Yes, King Size Fitted Sheet Wrestling Day...


Also Bunny Hutch Cleaning Day...
 Blossom...



Violet...



Thumper...
they have grown SO much!!!


I turned over the pine flakes and added some lime to the coop floor...


They love to hide under the weed bushes...



... two eggs so far today...


Also took the YukChuk out to the garden...




My gardeners spreading the compost and digging it in for me :-)


I added some good ole chicken bone broth 
to the Mexican Ramen from last night...
Daddy ate a half a bowl with some cornbread so I am OK with that :-)



Hard to see me, but I had a big plate of left over cornbread and tortillas and the chickens were chomping at the bit... so to speak :-)


And they followed me out to the open....




So, chores are done...
chicken feed is hidden away...

I am definitely ready to call it a day!!!
We will watch episode 5 of the Chosen Season 3 and then...
we will start Lord of the Rings...

Goodnight Y'all...
Pray for Daddy.

God bless and Sweet Dreams!

“You can find inspiration in everything. 
If you can’t, then you’re not looking properly.”
 —Paul Smith, fashion designer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... October 5

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ♥️ “And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” ‭‭Galatians...