Thursday, January 19, 2023

Thursday on Walden's Mountain... January 19

Quiet Time...

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." 
Psalm 18:2 KJV
*****
One of Paula's horse friends sent this...
Lanny liked it, so I will just put it out there :-)

*****
Mom slept thru the night and Dad didn't get up until about 5...
I had a long quiet time :-) 
Gave him a Breakfast Burrito when he did get up :-)



Even Mitzi joined us again...
yesterday it was rain, today it was wind.
But either way, it's nice to have the whole gang...


Dad feeding Casey some Burrito 
when he KNOWS he isn't supposed to...

Good germination on the soil...
nice and even... one more day under weights...


Day one and already some little roots showing in this one
I planted yesterday...


The greens on the wire mesh are growing 
but not around the edges and not as thick as in the soil...



These are on wire...
it's just a bit slower and not always even...
I am still not convinced either way...
Need more trials :-)






Loading the freeze dryer with chicken bone broth...


Molded some pudding to freeze...


Lanny insisted he get a picture of ME!


Also molded some jello...
I will freeze the pudding and jello overnight 
and put into the freeze dryer tomorrow...


Flock and Fluffle...
it was raining pretty hard so I didn't take the camera out...


Browning some ground beef to can...
I lightly brown it, not done, and can it with a little broth...


Washing jars...


Eight pints of ground beef ready for the canner...



Rain stopped so I gave the chickies some scratch...


The bunnies got some fresh alfalfa and some feed...


And mister Roo did NOT attack me today, yet...
I have a stick and I am NOT afraid to use it :-)



Sparkley
and berries for the birds...


Gabby seems a little better every day...
still very hopeful...


Lanny is cleaning the duck pond pump...
it sure gets dirty and then the circulation is slow...





And THEN!!!
we headed down the hill for an outing...


Saw our buddy Oreo and several new bulls I hadn't seen before...




Lanny needed to take some things back to Lowe's, 
I wanted to look for a neck pillow for my stiff neck (I've had it for over a month now) and pick up a few items at the grocery...
so we went to Walmart (no pillow there), 
to Target (no pillow there), to Lowe's (definitely no pillow there)...

There is a Hardee's right there by the Lowe's 
so we stopped and had a Thick Burger...
I think it has been several years since I had a Thick Burger at Hardees!!!
SO FUN!!!


Checking for mail...


I turned the Pine Flakes in the coop 
and found a couple eggs too...



Oh, and as for the pillow...
I ended up ordering one from Wayfair...
it should be here Monday...

Made some Chili Ramen for supper...
I opened a jar of my home canned Chili Sauce, 
added some ground beef I held back today and YUM!!!
It's a long list of things you can make with Ramen...
when you don't really want to cook :-)



Chores are done...
We are ready to settle down on the couch with our pack 
and enjoy a movie and perhaps some popcorn or chips and dip... who knows!!!!
Not sure if we are going to watch another kid movie tonight or not...
Lanny is in charge, so I will let you know tomorrow :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams...

"You’ll never get bored when you try something new. 
There’s really no limit to what you can do." 
- Dr Seuss 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...