Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... January 18

Quiet Time...

"Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, 
and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”
1 Timothy‬ ‭6‬‬:‭12‬ ‭NASB

*****
Mom buzzed twice...
anytime she has an appointment the next day 
she wants to start getting ready the night before :-) 
She was talking about what she needed to get out to wear at 12:30 
and wondering when we were going to dress at 3:15... 
I told her that next time we would NOT tell her she has an appointment 
until one hour before :-)

Dad was up!
Made him a couple Biscuit Roll Ups 
to go with his morning coffee and meds...


Then to the couch with my fur kids...
even Mitzi joined me this morning...


Lanny got up around 4:45...


Well, I am NOT sold on the metal mesh media.
It is iffy to say the least.


SO....
I planted this tray day before yesterday in the Pro-Mix 
and it is germinating even and thick... 



Brought in some lettuce from the outside greenhouse.
I think it is just too cold still to grow out there unless we get more heaters.
We shall see if they perk up after being stunted by the cold temps.


Cheese is done...


Mozzarella and Mexican Blend...


Ended up with 4 bags of each...
I am SO lovin' the freeze dried foods...


Meds Day...


Sealed and ready to store...


Flock and Fluffle Time...



Foggy and chilly...




Fried Eggs, Sausage and Biscuits for the men...


The broth is gelled and ready to spread on the trays and pre-freeze.
It will go into the Freeze Dryer tomorrow...


Paula took Mom to her appointment...


I will go ahead and tell you that the doctor said the tumors have not changed at all... still small. Everything looks fine and he is pleased with her weight 
(thanks to me stuffing her with Boost Plus Extra Calorie 
and as much food as I can get down her little throat :-) )
.... next appointment in three months!!


Another tray of Salad Blend in the Pro-Mix...


Lanny is working hard on the wood stove pipes.
Not long before he will move it out on the back patio and dry it all in...
I can start cooking on an antique wood stove!!!
I am very excited about that...
I may only be able to boil water to start, 
but you have to start somewhere :-)



After several months my little Opal (the bullied girl) laid an egg...
they are such a pretty blue green and I sure missed them...
I hope she is going to get busy again!!!


Opened a jar of my freeze dried mixed veggies and a jar of freeze dried spinach...


Hydrated them for about fifteen minutes....


Cooked up some spaghetti (broken into small pieces), 
added some chicken from yesterday 
and some of the freeze dried powdered bone broth to make a gravy...
it was absolutely delicious!!!
I don't know what to call it.
I just throw stuff together and it is usually pretty good :-)




Chores are done.

I also had to get me a big flexible stick because suddenly 
Big Roo is challenging me to a dual every time I go out there. 
He jumps me from behind! He has no spurs or it would be bad. 
He is a BIG rooster. S
o I whacked him several times this evening 
and he finally walked off acting all cocky...
Just because he killed a big hawk does not make him the ruler of the roost...
I AM THE RULER OF THIS ROOST!!!
and don't you forget it Roo! :-)

Tonight we will watch Ratatouille...
Another kid movie...
I don't know if the movies are really good or the memories around them are...
a bunch of grandkids in sleeping bags in the living room floor 
and a huge bowl of popcorn and a movie!!!
I guess it is a bit of both!!
Sometimes I miss those days but they are always my memories...
and I have pictures!!!! :-)

Goodnight Family and Friends!
Thank you for your prayers for Momma...
she is hanging in there and we are thrilled with the reports today.

God bless us, Every One...
Sweet Dreams!

Every moment is a fresh beginning. 
—T.S. Eliot






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...