Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Wednesday on Walden's Mountain... January 4

Quiet Time...

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, 
thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." 
Jeremiah 29:11 KJV
*****
Mom buzzed me around 3:15 so I just stayed up :-)

Daddy was up too so I gave him some cold medicine 
and a breathing treatment and made him three Breakfast Taquitos...

Then settled on the couch for Quiet Time...
Maggie and Murph were both under the red blanket...


But eventually Murphy moved over on my right side where he feels he belongs!!


I am trying the reusable media (metal screen) for the micro greens again. 
... they are germinating after one day so it is good so far :-)





Had to move Max to make the bed...
so what else is new :-)


Med's day...


Out to the Flock and Fluffle...
The rain let up just long enough for me to get out there and not get soaked!


Popcorn from last night...
they like popcorn...







Made Dad and Lanny Fried Eggs, 
Sausage Links and Toast for Breakfast...


Bread Day...





Ready for first rise...


My Broken Puppy...




Took the Yuk Chuk out to the garden...
they make fast work of whatever I toss out there!


I ended up with three eggs today...


Good first rise!


I decanted the Sparkley and threw the berries out for the girls...
I am letting the Sparkley Crystals rest another few days in sugar overload.
We don't drink as much in the winter 
because it is really a very refreshing summer citrus drink...
But since it is probiotic Lanny and I still drink some every day


Lanny is cleaning in his shop...


Shaped and already done with second rise...
ready to go in the oven...


Made the men some left over BBQ Sandwiches and Black Eyed Peas...
Sounds weird, I know, but it was YUMMY!!!


Mom ate Peanut Butter and Crackers...


Out of the oven...
yes, I ate the heels.
That was my lunch :-)


Then we rested for a few minutes...
Mom's physical therapy nurse was coming in the next half hour 
so we just day dreamed for a bit...


My big Roo eating bread from my hand.
Look at his poor comb....




Turned the flakes and added some new...
they love when I do that!!!



Put some corn in the freeze dryer...
also shredded cabbage and loaded four trays to pre-freeze for the next load...


I made some Butter and Garlic Noodles 
and added some smoked turkey that Shelly brought to us after Thanksgiving... 
her son-in-law smoked it and it was SO delicious!
Thank you Shelly!!!

And I cooked some of the Mixed Veggies that I freeze dried.
I will say it again... I am SOLD on freeze drying!
They were like fresh!!!




The chores are done...
Lanny says that tonight we will start the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings series.
It usually takes us several weeks to go thru them 
because each one is so long :-)

That's OK because we love 'em!!

Dad is coughing up a storm but it is loose and he doesn't feel bad 
which is GREAT for someone with COPD that has a cold!!! 
The nebulizer treatments are really helping and I am giving him Mucinex Cold.
Thanks for keeping him in your prayers!!!

Mom is about the same. Very frail and cannot get up on her own. 
The potty chair is permanently in her room very close to the bed now. 
She buzzes me whenever she needs anything, but I've told her a gazillion times 
that it is OK because we do NOT want her to fall anymore!!!

Her next Pulmonary appointment is on the 18th. 
They will do a CT to see if there are any changes in the tumors....

So, Goodnight sweet Family and Friends...
God bless us, Every One...

Sweet Dreams!

“What the new year brings to you 
will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” 
—Vern McLellan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... October 5

 Quiet Time Bible Study... πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ♥️ “And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” ‭‭Galatians...