Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... February 26

Quiet Time...

"...looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; 
who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand 
of the throne of God." 
Hebrews 12:2 KJV
*****
Mom buzzed at 9:30 and at 2...
I managed to get back to sleep after the first buzz 
but never made it after two o'clock...
Dad didn't get up until around 5:30...

Made him a couple Sausage Biscuits when he got up...
and spent our usual Quiet Pack Time together...


...into the light!!
It's a day early but they are ready!!



A few will be ready for harvest tomorrow!!


Sparkley Day...


Also Bread Day!



The rain has let up just a bit...
Thank you Lord!!


Anna and Elsa...
but no Penny egg today ??
not yet, anyway.
I will probably find one in the yard later...



Making Jello Dessert in my Great Granny's Dish...
I love this dish... it is SO pretty!


Fruit Cocktail, Mini Marshmallows 
and Strawberry Jello...
YUM!!



Breads' first rise is GREAT!!!


Shaped and ready for second rise...


Dad slept thru 8 AM breakfast so I made Lanny an Egg Sandwich with Microgreens added on top of the egg... 
Dad ate Cinnamon Toast around 9:30...


Another good rise and ready to bake!


I love the way the house smells after baking bread...
I am NOT eating the heels...
did you notice!


I fed the men some Deli Chicken Sandwiches 
and Chips for lunch... 
and then Lanny and I are headed down 
to Little Ponderosa to pick out our goats!!


Awwwww...



Love at first sight with this one...



We chose these three...
a little boy and two girls...
Yea, I know, I said two.
Well, I think that it may be goat math...
you know, chicken lovers, like chicken math!!?


She was nursing my ear...
I am smitten!!!




This is "Dog"....
they rescued him when his Momma was hit by a car but cannot fence him because he is a "wild" animal... he is free to go, but doesn't... hey, this is the GOOD life!!!
They call him Dog because he follows everyone around :-)


They've put the parrots out...
They are SO gorgeous!!!




And I LOVE the Emu!!!


No, I am not planning on getting an Emu...
but you never know :-)

*****

I had so much fun with the spaghetti yesterday 
that I took them out a little more today :-)






Opal was sitting on the nest so I had to feel under her 
to snag these... I think there are a couple more 
but she is determined to lay her egg in there :-)
She didn't even come out for spaghetti!!


Chili Mac (with my home made home canned Chili)
and Microgreen Salad and Garlic Toast...
Jello for Desert...



Mom joined us at the table...
So it was the five of us!!




Went out to put the feed away and Opal was off the nest...
A total of 11 eggs today...
Best so far!

And I found Penny's egg in the middle of the driveway...
Hers is the misshapen dark one...


So, the chores are done 
and we are ready to watch the last Star Trek movie...
"Nemesis"

I plan to dream about baby goats tonight :-)
Goodnight Dear Family and Dear Friends!!!
God bless and Sweet Dreams!



1 comment:

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... June 25

Quiet Time...  🐑♥️ “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens an...