Monday, May 8, 2023

Monday on Walden's Mountain... May 8

Quiet Time...

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; 
For out of it are the issues of life." 
Proverbs 4:23 KJV
*****

Good Morning World....

Rise and Shine!


Waiting for ALL the pack to settle down...

Bible Study Time...

Once Lanny came in only Max is missing...


He likes it better on the right side of me...

I think Maggie stretches and moves around too much 

for his liking...



Greens are greening along nicely...


One more day of weights...


Out to the Barnyard...

sunrise is getting earlier every morning...

and sunset is later every night...

my days get longer with the season...




We had 1 1/2 inches of rain last evening...

I don't think it registered the hail...

there was a LOT of hail!



Herb Bread...

three for orders and one for us...

Four Pounds of Dough!



Made the Men some Scrambled Duck Eggs, Sausage,

Pancakes and French Toast Sticks...



Ready to shape and put in the warm oven for second rise...



The Goats are getting SO grown up...

they run, jump, kick, butt, climb...

they are fearless...


And I can watch it all from my kitchen window!!


Now for Cinnamon Raisin Bread...

another Four Pounds of Dough...


These loaves of Herb Bread are ready to bake,

while the Cinnamon Raisin is rising for the first time...


Whew, that Cinnamon Raisin is rising nearly to the top 

of my proofing oven!


The goats and chickens don't mind sharing
 
corn and sunflower seeds at all!



One more duck egg IN the coop floor...

I think it was too wet outside 

so she decided to lay it in here 

instead of under the steps :-)


Miss Pepper...

such a good Broody Momma...

only three, maybe four more days....

I am SO excited!!!


Herb Bread smelling up the house!!!


Look at the difference in these two chicken eggs...

I wish I knew who is laying them...

the size difference is SO pronounced...


Made the Men (and me) a Grilled Cheese Sandwich 

using the Herb Bread.

Mine and Lanny's were made with Pepper Jack Cheese, 

Dad's with regular American...

he isn't much for SPICY!!! 

But we are!!!

YUM!


Cinnamon Raisin is done as well...

and now the house is almost unbearably smelly...

makes me want to eat the heels!!!

But I will exercise my will power 

and
 
WILL NOT!!!


I am SO glad I put the fake eggs in the boxes.

Now they hens will lay in all of them 

because they feel like there is a pile in them all...

I don't know why they like to lay where another has laid 

except that perhaps they hope a broody lady will take over 

and hatch them... most hens do NOT want to be Mommas :-)


They want some other hen to sit on them...


So they lay them in piles...

just my theory :-)

Oh, we had ten eggs today...


You cannot see him well

but there is a gorgeous Red Headed Woodpecker 

on my suet block...

Making soft cheese and whey....
Jennifer gave me 2 gallons of fresh raw cow's milk
so I skimmed off 2 quarts of cream...
with one quart I'm making some cheese...


And with the other quart, yogurt...

I will also strain this thru mesh for some additional whey

and end up with Greek Style Yogurt...


Wisteria is opening

and it is covered with bees!!!

Love those pollinators!!!



Made some Beef Patties and Gravy,

Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and Carrots

and Toasted Herb Bread for Supper...


Four trays (one dozen eggs per tray) 
out of the Freeze Dryer
and ready to package up...
We decided we didn't want to get into the Dark Side 
with the next few Star Wars movies 
so we are watching
"Wild, Wild West" instead...
I really like Will Smith!!!

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God bless and Sweet Dreams...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday on Walden's Mountain... First Day of July!!!

Quiet Time...  🌎🦋 “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea. But the Lord is ...