Thursday, November 9, 2023

Thursday on Walden's Mountain... November 9

Quiet Time...

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, 
that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." 
Hebrews 4:16 KJV
*****
Another earlier than usual morning...
no reason really,
I just woke up
and couldn't lay there any longer!!

Dad didn't get up until closer to 5:30, 
but I had his goodies ready...






Still needing some Black Out time...


Will pick some of this for tonights dinner...


Baby Lettuce...


Teen Lettuce...






Out to the Barnyard...






Sparkley Day...





Lanny's Breakfast Taco...

Dad slept until around 9:30
so I made him Cinnamon Toast
for his Second Breakfast...


Rob is taking Nathaniel to work with him today...


Isn't that the cutest pose?
She is my sweet heart!



And he is quite adorable himself...


And you KNOW how I feel about these two girls!!!


Paula and I headed down the hill around 10:30 to go see her surgeon...
the surgery is scheduled for next Friday...
if the lymph node is clear it will be a straighforward 
right lower lobe removal and she will be done!!! 
3 to 5 days in the hospital and that's it...
so, pray that is the case...

if the node is cancerous then they will not proceed with the surgery 
and she will be looking at chemo and radiation... 
that is what we would sure love to avoid :-)

God is in control, of course,
but pray for the surgery to be the course of action!!...

*****

Just pulled four Costco Rotisserie Chickens for the Freeze Dryer...
each tray is 3.3 pounds...
I will freeze it in the regular freezer a couple days
and then into the Freeze Dryer!!



I took the breast meat and thigh meat off the bone 
but Lanny is the expert with the back, legs and wings...
so, he took the second shift :-)
He pulled a big bag of really nice pieces 
that I will use over the next few days,
and also several containers of bits and pieces for our dogs!!
They LOVE when we pull chicken :-)
My girls miss me when I leave for a little while...
they are always happy to see me.. HAHA!
They just hope I have some animal crackers!!!



Forgot to mention the Brown Rice...
out of the Freeze Dryer today
and into Mylar for storage!!


Pulled a nice little bowl of lettuce
for tonights salad!!!


Added a few things to the left over Burritos
and it was DELISH!!!



Put the chicken carcasses into the slow cooker
and will make some yummy bone broth...

Ground Beef into the Freeze Dryer...
I am on a roll :-)

Chores are done,
ready for "Avatar"!!

Pray for Paula and for us over the next couple weeks...
*****
Goodnight All!!!
God Bless
and
Sweet Dreams!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...