Friday, November 10, 2023

Friday on Walden's Mountain... November 10

Quiet Time...

"But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" 
Titus 3:4-5 KJV
*****
Good Rainy Morning...
yes, early again...
time change still has me messed up... 
my body thinks it's 4 AM...
way past my get up time :-)
I will get used to it eventually...
Also have a lot going on right now
and need a little more time in the morning...
We did have our Quiet Time...
Lanny didn't get up as early as me and I was keeping an eye on Dad's camera 
so I could catch him before he put on his blue jeans... 
I wanted him to put on his black pants to go with his uniform jacket 
for Sadie's school assembly celebrating veterans...
It wears him out SO much getting his clothes on that we try to spread it out over a long period of time so he can rest in between...

***

Didn't take any Study Buddy pics...
it doesn't take much to get me distracted...

Greens Time...
I did take pics of them :-)






Still snoozin'
until I call them for their breakfast...




Out to the Barnyard...
since it is raining I wont take my camera out there...


Instead, I will show you some Spy Cam pics...
of the coop...


The Kids eating their grains...


And then standing in the open door watching it rain...
they won't come out into the rain :-)


The ducks and chickens don't mind the rain...


Dad was rather excited to go to the assembly...
he was ready, except for putting on his uniform jacket, for nearly an hour :-)
...even had his hat on :-)


Heading out!




He hasn't changed a whole lot...
has he?


Oliver Springs Middle School... 
Veterans Day Assembly...




GH is our Deacon at Calvary...
He was the guest speaker today...


Miss Faye teaches at OSMS...


Steve is a veteran as well...
he is also our pastor at Calvary Baptist
for any of you that don't know :-)


Dad got to speak with several fellow Navy Men...


It was a really nice program...

they recognized Dad for his service and the fact that he is 94
and the oldest vet there!!!



When we got home
I got Dad situated with a bite to eat then he laid down for a nap...
Lanny and I went down the hill to make a delivery in Oak Ridge and in Clinton...


We grabbed some chicken at the Dairy Queen...
it is SO good!!



Lanny is rigging up a compost pen
that the chickens can poke their heads thru
to nibble... but hopefully not the goats :-)

They ALL like the Microgreen Full Tray!!



And the girls LOVE Kudzu and Rose Bushes,
even when a little wilted from the frost...






I made a Chicken Vegetable Soup for Supper...
Used some freeze dried veggies and some of that chicken
that Lanny pulled off yesterday...



Time to call it a day...
ready for Jammie and couch time
with my Pack...
Tonight we will watch
"Shawshank Redemption"

*****

Goodnight Family and Friends...
God Bless
and
Sweet Dreams!

Thank you to all you Veterans out there
and your Families!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Soggy Saturday on Walden's Mountain... September 28

 Quiet Time Bible Study... 🍂🍁 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning wit...