Friday, October 30, 2020

A Day in the Life / Friday, October 30

Quiet Time...

It's still wet and it's pretty cold! I guess the warm days are over for now...

We went down the hill to pick up a few things we couldn't get at Costco and Gordons and Lanny picked up some stove pipe and accessories to finish putting in the wood stove out in his shop. Wendy found some canning jars at Kroger's so we rushed over and got a couple dozen. They are not easy to find right now.

We are preparing to rescue 5 ducks tomorrow so we are thinking about housing if they don't want to cohabitant with our chickens... also thinking about feeding and water. Ducks are messier than chickens and have a few different needs, even tho they will eat the same layer feed. It will all work out but I am sure that tomorrow won't be totally smooth running. I don't know how Willie is going to react to ducks in the coop :-)

Not sure what is on the schedule for our viewing pleasure, but I will let you know... Lanny is still out working on the stove and I am ready to settle down on the couch...maybe light the fire...we shall see :-)


Still can't find rings and lids but hopefully those items will be back in stock by the time I need them..I will keep my eyes out (and Wendy does too :-) )


These five ducks will be brought over here to our house tomorrow...I know they will be so happy to free range and have a nice cozy place to sleep at night. I hope my Rooster isn't too upset :-) The current owner says they are laying lots of eggs (there are two drakes and 3 hens...perhaps we will even have some ducklings next spring!). I'm excited, but also nervous. I've never had ducks before, but a few years ago I had never had chickens, and that has worked out just fine...

We watched World War Z...

Sweet Dreams!! :-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday on Walden's Mountain... May 7

Quiet Time... 🌸🌾 “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own...