Sunday, November 1, 2020

A Day in the Life...the Lord's Day / Sunday, November 1

Quiet Time... earlier than usual for me because of the time change :-)

"This is the day the Lord has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it..." Psalm 118:24

I let the chickens and the ducks out at day break and the ducks waddled out and started foraging...it didn't take them long to remember what that's all about. And, we even had an egg in the box...they aren't wasting any time!! They don't understand the food situation...when I go out the gate all my chicken friends come running to get snacks. I can't make the ducks understand the game yet...they still just run off when I get near. But I did notice that they aren't running as far this evening. I guess they can sense that I am not an enemy.

We named the ducks...Kenny and Dolly. Elvis, Minnie Pearl and Lily Tomlin...Kenny and Dolly are romantically involved, if you know what I mean. There could be ducklings in our future...

We ate some Aldi's Supreme Pizza's for Sunday dinner...Paula, Rob and Molly joined us...I am behind in my meal planning with the arrival of the ducks, but I will get back into the swing of things...tomorrow :-)

Lanny went back to church for the evening service and I will watch an episode of Star Trek until he gets home. We will just have to wait and see what is on the big screen tonight...wonder what comes after Wonder Woman...



I put out some left over veggies and brown rice...


It's hard to tell, but two of the duckies are swimming in their water pan :-)


First duck egg on Johnson Gap...


From left to right: Elvis, Kenny, Lily Tomlin, Minnie Pearl and Dolly (with the big hair :-))



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... May 19

Quiet Time... 🌿🌻 “But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you,  O Israel, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed ...