Thursday, December 31, 2020

A Day in the Life / Thursday, December 31


Quiet Time....

“But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 3:13-14


We had our little fur crew for Bible Reading this morning...fire and all, it was a really cozy December 31st morning... Maggie and Murphy are under the blankets...




So, it's the last day of 2020...it's been..... well, you know :-)



Not a bad temperature for my morning chores, but it was a misty rain so the damp made it feel cold....



Lanny and I went down to Walmart to spend our $200 Humana benefit for over the counter health aids...they sent out the cards a few weeks ago and then they expire tonight...not much time considering Holidays, but we managed to get it done. We stocked up on everything we could think of: toothpaste, Alka Seltzer, bandages, sport creams...you know...


I warmed up some left over grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and then we headed for the couch and Siesta Time!






Ya'll must think we are awfully lazy...well, we are retired and everyone knows that retired folk have to take naps :-) I used to make fun of my folks for sitting in the garage door looking at the neighbors and taking naps mid day...well, we sit in the barn doors and watch the birds (no neighbors) and take naps midday.... Hmmmmmm....


I made Sauerkraut and Wieners, Stewed Potatoes, Green Beans and Carrots and Macaroni and Cheese and Rolls...we had Applesauce and No Bake Cookies for dessert! Yummy!


I put the chicks and ducks to bed while Lanny patrolled the yard for Puppy Land Mines and now I am sitting here doing this entry and waiting for him to get a bath and put on the 2nd installment of Harry Potter...I see popcorn and ice cream from the snack bar in our future :-)


Goodnight Y'all...


Oh, if you are wondering, we will probably be in bed by 8-8:30 and no, we will not be ringing in the new year. We haven't done that in years...I figure the new year can find it's way without us!


Happy New Year!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... April 27

Quiet Time... ”Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man h...