Sunday, February 28, 2021

A Day in the Life / Sunday, the last day of February


Quiet Time....

“But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was.”

‭‭James‬ ‭1:22-24‬

*****

Maggie is by me, Murphy in his "hollow", Max in Lanny's lap and Mitzi on the bench in front of the fire (which just went off, but it will come back on any minute)...


We spent our usual 90 minutes in Quiet Time...
I finished up the inside chores - Dad, meds, beds, dogs, and cat...
then I headed out to take care of the ducks and chicks...


It was quite warm! The frogs were singing up a storm...literally, it seams :-) 


After the outside chores I came in to get ready for church... 
we still have to go in early for Ensemble Practice...

 I love my drive to church...not only do we have a beautiful driveway, Paula's horses on the right side in the pasture, woods on the left...then my first view at the bottom of our driveway is our neighbors pasture with lots of beautiful horses... a little further on and Little Ponderosa Zoo pastures their large herd of Shetlands and also the three bulls...Tuck and Oreo in this photo...the big buffalo looking cow was not in this shot :-) ...


...then I drive by several pastures full of Momma Cows and Calves, donkeys and chickens and ducks, a few turkey and even some peacocks...
I LOVE living in the country!

Then I pull in to Calvary Baptist...


Pastor Steve and Faye went to visit their daughter Kara in Florida so we had a visiting pastor... he had a very good message for out time...

Came home and made hamburgers for Sunday Lunch...


Molly wasn't feeling well but Rob ate with us...


...and ate, and ate...he LOVES to eat...and I LOVE to cook for him!


After lunch and dishes, I fed the firkids...


...then we took our short Sunday afternoon nap...


Lanny took care of the Puppy Landmines...


...and then he headed back to church...


I went out between the showers and played in the yard a little while...
I am SO anxious to start gardening...


So, the ducks and chicks are in bed...I am watching Episode 6 of The Next Generation...I think I'll go put on my jammies and watch Episode 7 and wait for Lanny to get home...we may (or may not) watch a movie tonight...we shall see...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless us, one and all...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday on Walden's Mountain... May 5

Quiet Time... 🍃🌻  ”Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your an...