Friday, March 5, 2021

A Day in the Life / Friday, March 5


Quiet Time....

““Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.”

‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ 

*****
Bible Study...


Morning chores all done...inside and out...quickly...

...we had to take Mom and Dad to the Health Department this morning for their 2nd Covid Vaccination...we left here at 7:20...


The Health Department has these vaccinations down to a science...they are very organized and there were hundreds of cars lined up but we were in and out in less than an hour...

Then we went to iHop and our "luck" changed...service was so slow... and then when we did get our food it was cold...we have never had really good experiences there but this time will be the last time we go...we wanted to take them to Hoskins but it was packed with construction workers and policemen :-) and Waffle House was also packed...live and learn...

Anyway, we came home and worked around the property...sunshine sure gets those muscles primed... I planted some lettuce, early carrots and beets...we shall see...

We took a short snooze...


Had such a funny thing happen today...Willie and one of the black hens were causing a ruckus on the big storage bench...


Willie was doing his best crow and the hen kept trying to get up under him...
we were just calling her a little hussy hen and laughing..


...but a little later when I went over to get some food out of the box, this is what I found...


She had laid an egg and was just trying to get him to notice, I guess :-)

Paula has the bug as well...she has done SO much this week...inside and out..
she has spread rock and mulch, hung blinds, made planters... she wants some tomatoes and cucumbers outside her kitchen door as well...


Won't be long before this is all green...soon we won't be able to see the hill because the trees will be full!





I am getting the "rather be outside" bug so dinners are going to get real crazy...tonight I took out some left over Salmon Cakes that I had frozen, made some Mac and Cheese and Green Beans with Carrots... I think I will spend the next rainy day making some freezer meals that I can just thaw and warm on days like this...



Evening chores are done...Potty Patrol and Fowl Bedtime...

I am waiting to see what our movie will be tonight...
Lanny is in the shower...pups are giving me the "look" from the couch...
I LOVE evenings around here...

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless us, every one...

Lanny just hollered that tonight's movie will be "The Martian" with Matt Damon...
a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...