Saturday, April 10, 2021

A Day in the Life / Saturday, April 10

Quiet Time....

“The fear of man brings a snare, But he who trusts in the LORD will be exalted.”

‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭29:25‬

*****

Nice, quiet morning...fur kids, our Bibles, each other, and the Lord...
...nothing better!

Dad slept in so I took care of our room, fed the dogs and cat, did some odd jobs around the house until sunup...


...then headed out to let the chicks and ducks out -  and gather the three eggs...



Headed down the hill around 7:45 for our Saturday morning date...


There is an apartment building by Hoskins and today I noticed that the arbor is covered by one of my favorite flowers...Wisteria!!



Today is the day...Rob is hard at work getting ready for MOVE IN!!!


I made some Farm Fresh Egg Salad for lunch... peeling fresh eggs is not my favorite chore... 
I have tried every trick in the book. Today I tried vinegar and salt in the water. It wasn't horrible but I don't think anything really makes fresh eggs easier to peel. But they sure are good!!


We rested a few minutes...I had bread in the oven so I only got thirty minutes but it was welcomed! I woke up at 2:30 AM this morning and wasn't able to go back to sleep ...


Maggie is SO jealous if Mitzi gets in my lap so she wrangles herself between and lays back in my arms... she actually went to sleep and I think I dozed a little...it was sweet!


But it got to be close to 2 o'clock and Casey was eyeing me from around the corner :-)


I had to fry up the burgers for tomorrow's Hamburger Sunday Dinner... 
I love the smell of beef on the grill...


It rained most of the day so we didn't do much outside...

I made Cabbage, Potato and Carrot Soup with Kielbasa (leftovers from last night) and it was delicious!



Apple Crisp and Vanilla Ice Cream for Dessert...

The Puppy Piles are picked up. The ducks and chickens are in their houses (a little early in case the rain came back)...they don't mind too much going to bed early...

We are showered, in our Jammies and ready to start a new group of movies...I think we are going to start Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr.) and then the Marvel series...I know, I know, it hasn't even been a year since we saw them...we don't care! We love 'em and at our age we forget most of it anyway so we can watch the same ones over and over again. 
I love knowing the end...kinda like the Bible. 
I LOVE knowing the end of THAT story :-)

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet, Sweet Dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...