Thursday, June 17, 2021

A Day in the Life / Thursday, June 17

Quiet Time.....

“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?”

Matthew 6:25 


*****

So, around 11:30 my yard cam caught this....

a little skunk caught in the "raccoon trap"...




We spent our usual time in study and devotions...
all the while in the back of my mind I am wondering how we are going to release that skunk...



Dad came in for his morning goodies before 5...


Mitzi and Maggie had already been out barking at the creature they knew was in the trap... fortunately he had not sprayed...there was only a hint of skunk.. so far...


So at 6 am, here I go...



We slowly, gently, quietly approached the cage...
slid a long pole thru the handle and walked him out to the edge of the woods...


I wish I'd been able to film him running into the brush...
He didn't spray but he still smelled pretty strong and Lanny had a hint of it on his clothes. Hopefully he learned his lesson :-)

Only two eggs today...


Blooms...



Tomatoes from the garden...these were close to the ground and in a tight cluster so I picked them...they will ripen on the counter...


Lanny fixed me some towel hangers on my new butcher block rolling island...
actually, it belonged to Shelly and she gave it to Paula. Paula had used it and then passed it to me...I LOVE it!



Then he fixed the septic lid so that next time we just lift a few rocks and the wooden lid and won't have to do any digging...


Beets from my garden...
I boiled them up and they were pretty yummy!



The chickens are SO nosey!



Maggie and Murph messing up Mom's bed...


Lanny and I snuck off for a lunch date...
to Olive Garden!


We love their salad...


And we REALLY LOVE the Shrimp Scampi!!



We also went to Home Depot...
I needed some Kale and Okra seed...

AND to Gordon Food for a 50 pound bag of rice...

Clouds!!!


THEN, we went for a fun visit to our favorite oil change place.
Valvoline by Krogers.
Eddie is a HOOT!!! 
And they are so professional and so on the ball...
Lanny says it's military precision!
They are great!


Got home and everyone is working...
Robbie on their living/music room...


Paula is just always working on something...
but she and Mom sat down on her new open porch area for a break...


So, I fed Mom and Dad, Lanny, Molly and Rob leftover Sloppy Joes and Coleslaw...
I was still too full from lunch :-)

I cleaned up the kitchen, put the chicks and ducks to bed, filled the water buckets and pools, checked for puppy landmines and came in for the evening.

We are in our jammies and getting ready to watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid...

I may be full from lunch, but never to full for popcorn!

Goodnight Y'all...
God Bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday on Walden's Mountain... June 29

Quiet Time...   🌎🌿 “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him.” Deuteronomy 33:12 “The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, fo...