Saturday, October 30, 2021

Saturday, October 30...Dad is NINETY TWO today!

SATURDAY EVENING UPDATE:

Dad had a pretty good day today. His legs are a bit stronger but he gets winded so easy. Even light exertion calls for the oxygen machine. He didn't sleep much today and I always hope that will help him to sleep tonight...we shall see. I am rubbing his legs with magnesium in the evening (he has restless legs) and that seemed to help that problem last night. I also got him some liquid Tylenol PM (nurses recommendation) - the tablets are just too hard for him to take. Say a prayer that he rests a little more than two hours in the bed! I know he naps in his chair but that is NOT the same. His legs are swelling again because they are down all day.

Lanny is still not 100%...he also gets a bit winded and tired, but he is doing SO well. Praise the Lord...

Today is Daddy's 92nd Birthday...we celebrated with some favorites of his...

Breaded Chicken, Butter and Garlic Egg Noodles, Normandy Veggies, and Butterscotch Pudding :-)



Here are a few pics taken on this rainy day...


I did NOT feel well first thing this morning...tummy ache! The three dogs and the cat stuck right with me until I felt better...good medicine :-)

Silly puppies...they line up to see who can get to Max's plate first when he is done...they all LOVE cat food!

Made grilled cheese and baloney sandwiches for lunch...Mom and Dad had an audience...as usual!




So, we are nearing the end of Harry Potter... we are on Deathly Hallows 1... I didn't want to see them when they were first out but I have really enjoyed them once I gave in :-) I hate to see them end.

Goodnight Y'all...
God bless and Sweet Dreams...
and
thank you SO much for your prayers!

*****

Quiet Time...

“for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭10:10‬

*****

Not much to report this morning. Dad didn't sleep in his bed more than two hours. But he is moving about well enough in his room that I am just keeping an eye by monitor. He is in the bed now (he said "goodnight" so he thinks it's bedtime :-) ) so Lanny and I are having a quiet "Quiet Time".

Lanny is well. His blood sugar is staying under 300 and is going down. 

Continue to pray for him and Daddy, and for me as I care for Mom and Dad.

God is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday on Walden's Mountain... May 10

Quiet Time... “O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, in a dry and weary land ...