Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday, October 31

SUNDAY EVENING UPDATE:

Today was another pretty good day for Daddy. His legs are getting stronger as well as his arms. He gets a bit wobbly if he leans over and we have to make sure we stick close as he is walking to the bathroom. I think if he ever really started falling, however, I wouldn't be able to catch him. We will pray that doesn't happen.

His appetite is good and he has watched some sports today as well as sat at his computer. His thinking seems to be a bit clearer and he is remembering more things. Still moments of confusion, but he had dementia even before he was sick.

Lanny is progressing quickly and gaining his strength and endurance as well.
God is so very good!

I fixed them Fried Baloney Sandwiches for lunch and then for supper we had Breakfast: Eggs, Bacon, Biscuits, Gravy, Tomatoes, Sliced Onions and Sorghum! YUM!!



After Breakfast Dad wanted to lay down...Max was in the middle of the bed and I had to move him...he was not happy about that... see his eyeing the bed from the desk chair in the bottom left corner :-)


Morning moon!




Only one duck egg...Dolly (the white duck that was abducted by a hawk) was a good layer :-(




Sunrise...


Tonight is the last Harry Potter :-( I hate when the series is over...
Goodnight Y'all...
Sweet Dreams!
God bless America and God bless you all!
Thank you for your prayers!!

*****

Quiet Time...

“For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “But the righteous man shall live by faith.””

‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:17 

*****

Dad had a pretty good night...slept about three hours in the bed and then spent much of his waking hours on the computer! He has not been on the computer in weeks. He has a solitaire game and we got him a Lenovo computer with touch screen several years ago, so he can use his finger to move the cards instead of using the mouse. Being on the computer all night would not be a positive thing for most people but Dad cannot hear, has neuropathy so bad that he cannot use his hands and feet very well...doing anything to engage his mind is fabulous. He also enjoys facebook (he has a lot of military friends on there) so I am thrilled that he has gone back to that.

Look at that concentration :-) ... this was taken with my Daddy Cam on his computer desk... notice Max the cat in his bed. Max has a new favorite place to be!! Even when Dad is in the bed Max finds a spot at this feet...


Lanny and I are back to a fairly normal morning routine...sitting on the couch with our fur babies having our Bible and Study Time... I only have to jump up a few times to help Dad with something... I feel like we are starting to get back into a routine. Famous last words? I hope not :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday on Walden's Mountain... May 10

Quiet Time... “O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, in a dry and weary land ...